Any way to make NewsRepublic behave like old Blinkfeed??

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
On the old Blinkfeed I had just my calendar and just two news subjects (boxing, MMA), and I loved it. With News Replublic, I can select those topics but I also seem to be stuck with their awful cluster of general news topics as well. No way am I going to endure 10 stories of gossip, carnage, and click bait just to see one boxing update.

Is selective news viewing in Blinkfeed dead or am I doing it wrong?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. I know l added some subjects and removed some others. I have quite a few selected so not sure if it is also throwing in some other stuff. I do have to say, I don't like it either. Whatever Samsung uses is much better and I liked the layout better. It's a shame because it is nice to have that page to scroll to. Think I will just start using Floorboard instead.

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
On the old Blinkfeed I had just my calendar and just two news subjects (boxing, MMA), and I loved it. With News Replublic, I can select those topics but I also seem to be stuck with their awful cluster of general news topics as well. No way am I going to endure 10 stories of gossip, carnage, and click bait just to see one boxing update.

Is selective news viewing in Blinkfeed dead or am I doing it wrong?

This is what I do on my m8
with blinkfeed/news Republic to reduce the amount of Crap that comes through. Open up news Republic app. Select the topics that you are interested in by pressing topics then the + button. Then press the three horizontal lines. Tap settings. Tap content providers. Reduce the amount of content providers by deselecting them all. Then select only a few of the content providers, the ones you know provide the content that you like.
Then restart your phone so that blinkfeed can refresh it's content.
Hope this works for you.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This is what I do on my m8
with blinkfeed/news Republic to reduce the amount of Crap that comes through. Open up news Republic app. Select the topics that you are interested in by pressing topics then the + button. Then press the three horizontal lines. Tap settings. Tap content providers. Reduce the amount of content providers by deselecting them all. Then select only a few of the content providers, the ones you know provide the content that you like.
Then restart your phone so that blinkfeed can refresh it's content.
Hope this works for you.
Thanks. Unfortunately, limiting the number of sources won't work for me for several reasons.
I found that if I specifically click a top ("boxing", for instance) I get a feed similar to what I had on the old Blinkfeed. However, my other topics and calendar won't show if I do that.

Just boggles the mind that NewsRepublic is presented as one big, disorganized glob of news and one cannot filter that out. Wondering what other work-around people have found.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's not great is it. Wish it was more configurable and allow to choose an app. The Sammy news feed is much better. I just use flipboard to be honest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11