App Drawer Customization?

RobDogOne

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Proud owner of the new htc 10. Finally retired my htc One M8, after 2 years of usage and it's still going strong! Anyways, is there a way to customize the app drawer?

htc 10

RobDogOne

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
On my M8 I was able to customize the app drawer. I could pick and choose what apps I wanted to access upon dropping down the drawer. Now it seems I can't....

htc 10

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
On the top left you can choose your app order as custom. After you do that click the menu button on the top right and it has an option to rearrange your apps

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both phones and the app drawer customization is almost the same for both. Not sure where you went wrong. Are you seeing the menus at the top?

RobDogOne

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have both phones as well and I don't see any way to customize the app drawer on the M10...how do I take a screenshot so I can show you?

htc 10

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both phones as well and I don't see any way to customize the app drawer on the M10...how do I take a screenshot so I can show you?

htc 10

I took a screenshot for you (hold power and press home, same as M8), and the 3-dot menu icon in the upper-right should give you the menu shown on my screen there.
Screenshot_20160516-155504.jpg

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I think he may be talking about the system tray and no you can't customize it. Hope they add that back.

Posted via the Android Central App

RobDogOne

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
OK..lets keep it simple...the drop down menu 'app drawer' that let's you quick toggle settings like Bluetooth, location/gps, Wi-Fi, auto rotate etc...it used to be customizable. Is it not now?

htc 10

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
OK..lets keep it simple...the drop down menu 'app drawer' that let's you quick toggle settings like Bluetooth, location/gps, Wi-Fi, auto rotate etc...it used to be customizable. Is it not now?

htc 10

That's the system tray and no you can't customize it. I hope they add it back in an update.

gallopiton

Trusted Member
May 29, 2013
Visit site
At the risk of saying something that doesn't apply to the HTC (I don't have one) if you are meaning the quick settings (the ones that are accessible with two swipes down) if you press and hold the gear icon (settings) you will see a message saying that the system ui tuner is enabled or something similar... then you go to settings and at the bottom of the list you will see a new entry called system ui tuner...there you can customize which quick settings and in what order they appear... at least that's how I can do it in my priv running marshmallow...

Last edited:

gallopiton

Trusted Member
May 29, 2013
Visit site
i see... priv is my first android experience, coming from years of bb OS phones, and i guess i am lucky to have these extra features... i am lurking at the HTC 10 forum to learn more about the phone, it's an awesome device and since i enjoy playing music in my phones, this is a very strong area in this brand...

gallopiton

Trusted Member
May 29, 2013
Visit site
i bought (as a surprise for my wife who wanted headphones to study) a V-Moda Crossfade Wireless i found for a good price... they are arriving on Monday and i wonder how good those cans could play together with a HTC 10... anyway, don't want to hijack the thread, i will open a new one with some different ideas/questions i have about the 10...

^^^^ This phone won't disappoint as a music player, using headphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member