HTC 10 Colors

DHX4ALPHA

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone help me to understand why in 2016 this most PERSONAL of consumer products is only available in limited colors?

Over the past 6 years, I've purchased 7 HTC products for the family members on my plan. I like the product, and have been reviewing the capabilities of the 10, as I believe it to be a legitimate upgrade to my gold M8. But I don't want Glacier Silver....while I intend to wait for the next 6 months or so to see if the options expand (I remember the HK version of the M8....)...that's not an indefinite promise. To be clear, I'm a 50+ year old man, not some teeny-bopper who wants the latest thing. I truly hope someone within the company, can explain why they want to take my business for granted.

Glad to find your forum.

-deh

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Because making numerous colors costs more and they don't sell well. HTC knows this better than any of us. There are few people for which this is a dream breaker and HTC has likely found that it's cheaper to lose those few than it is to make different productions (this is anodized metal after all, not dyed plastic or glass).

If you really must have a personalized color, there's no end of skins available.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I fail to see the appeal of having all these multi colored phones. When all people do is put a case on them anyway. The only phone I never put a case on was my lumia 920 because you could kill a horse with how solid that phone was. That polycarbinate unibidy was tough as hell. If you don't put a case on something that is as much as a down payment on a used car then best of luck to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I fail to see the appeal of having all these multi colored phones. When all people do is put a case on them anyway. The only phone I never put a case on was my lumia 920 because you could kill a horse with how solid that phone was. That polycarbinate unibidy was tough as hell. If you don't put a case on something that is as much as a down payment on a used car then best of luck to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't use cases. Dropped my M8 plenty of times on cement and it's just fine outside of some scuffs and dings around the edges. I do agree with you that there's even less reason for them to issue multiple colors because people typically do use cases. Like I mentioned before, they (and the carriers) don't want to be stuck with slow sellers so they're offering the most popular designs for each market. Don't know why the TS feels that HTC owes him his favorite color. If this was Hello Kitty Mobile, sure. But, this is clearly a mature, modern design and it makes sense that the colors are similar to what you see in high end watches and other metal accessories.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't use cases. Dropped my M8 plenty of times on cement and it's just fine outside of some scuffs and dings around the edges. I do agree with you that there's even less reason for them to issue multiple colors because people typically do use cases. Like I mentioned before, they (and the carriers) don't want to be stuck with slow sellers so they're offering the most popular designs for each market. Don't know why the TS feels that HTC owes him his favorite color. If this was Hello Kitty Mobile, sure. But, this is clearly a mature, modern design and it makes sense that the colors are similar to what you see in high end watches and other metal accessories.

I'm with you. As someone who falls into that 50+ age bracket, I'm fine with the colour choices HTC offers. I want something clean, crisp, and functional on the outside, solid and state of the art on the inside. Just what HTC delivered.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly, I love different coloured phones; but I always buy cases anyway, so I just stick to buying cases I love and they completely change the look, feel, and "persona," if you will, of my device. I would recommend you find a case that you really like, and even buy a few, so you can "change colours" on your device when you feel like it! That's better than just having one device of one specific colour! :)

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I would like all colors to be available or they just make one color. I hate it when certain carriers only get certain colors.

This. I wanted the white front version, but sadly isnt available in the US. I would have settled on the carbon grey I believe it is, but again, not available here yet, or may never be. But Im happy with the silver/black as I think the few choices they had all looked good.