HTC's customer service in so unbelievably horrendous!

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I could type the whole thing out again, but I am going to instead copy and paste what I sent them after they wasted so much of my time and money.

I am absolutely *fuming* in regards to my warranty repair for my HTC 10.

It all started when my device's headphone jack started crackling more than it played music, and the internal speakers became quieter than before. Since these needed repair already, I figured I'd have my shoddy wifi connection inspected too.

First, HTC offered to send me a new device and allow me to return my old one. An hour later, they retracted that offer and told me either I use Uh-Oh for a *warranty* item or leave my phone with HTC for 7-10 business days. I unhappily took the repair offer.

My device arrived Monday and was sent back out the same day. Fantastic!

UPS tries to deliver my device Wednesday but says the sender input "#14" instead of "apt 14", so the driver couldn't find my residence. They try again and tell me HTC has blocked UPS from delivering it to an Access Point, so because I couldn't take the day off work to receive a package, I had to drive 80 minutes round trip to the UPS sort center to receive my device!

My device, back to me after hours on the phone with HTC, hours on the phone with UPS, and nearly an hour and a half of driving to retrieve it from a very confused UPS, is *just* as defective as it was when I sent it in. My headphone jack still crackles like pop rocks, my speakers are still as quiet as a mouse, and I assume my wifi issues are unaddressed.

The only way to fix this, HTC, is to send me a new device in the mail. I am not going through this dance again, with you or UPS. If you decide not to right your wrong, I can guarantee I will not stay quiet. I will have my voice heard by *someone* in this company who cares about their customers. I look forward to hearing back from someone who has the ability to help me.

/rant

Thoughts? Am I being overdramatic? Or am I being just dramatic enough to hopefully get someone's attention?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
but wouldn't this be a complaint for ups and not htc

putting #(apt #) or putting apt # are usually interchangeable there are very few instances where they are not...

but to be upset with htc bc the carrier couldn't comprehend #14 behind the street address vs having the word apt is kinda speaking low of the carrier's intelligence

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you read the second to last paragraph? It isn't about UPS at this point.

I added the UPS stuff to show I went through all this trouble, spent the gas money, and I have absolutely *nothing* to show for it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
2nd thread in 2 days about the same thing. Since you asked, I'll say you're being a bit of a crybaby. My issue was far worse than yours, trust me. Complaining here though does nothing. Especially when the delivery problem is due to ups being idiots. I understand being frustrated, but talk to customer service about it if you want your complaint to be effective. Despite what people here like to think, they're not coming here looking for feedback.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
2nd thread in 2 days about the same thing. Since you asked, I'll say you're being a bit of a crybaby. My issue was far worse than yours, trust me. Complaining here though does nothing. Especially when the delivery problem is due to ups being idiots. I understand being frustrated, but talk to customer service about it if you want your complaint to be effective. Despite what people here like to think, they're not coming here looking for feedback.

The fact that they sent the device back completely unrepaired, I felt merited a new thread. People need to know when a company is screwing over their customers. As I said to the previous poster, my problem with UPS is over now that I have the device back. Now it's about how HTC didn't even try to repair my device, they received it and immediately returned it the same day, claiming to have repaired it.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I was able to speak to a customer relations manager today, and she happily offered to overnight me a replacement device with next day shipping. Got my tracking number almost immediately. Woohoo!

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
And yet another update. My new phone's street address is incorrect and does not exist.

UPS says I cannot even pick it up at the facility this time. Either HTC contacts UPS, or UPS will return the device to HTC.

Edit: I am supposedly receiving the new device Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited:

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
And another update:

9e1ba6779678bb43705c4dfbdaa65295.jpg

UPS managed to get the package to me today after telling me it absolutely is not coming today! Restoring the new device now