Cant upload video to instagram

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Everytime i try uploading video it says "there was an issue importing your video please try again". I am on the newest version of an unlocked htc 10 on tmobile. This just started happening. Any ideas on how to fix this?

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I didnt have this issue before and i can upload mp4 videos no problem but not the mkv ones. Is anyone else having this issue with mkv?

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Everytime i try uploading video it says "there was an issue importing your video please try again". I am on the newest version of an unlocked htc 10 on tmobile. This just started happening. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Same here. Was hoping that the later IG update (7 Sept) might have resolved this. Bummer!

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok for some reason after the factory reset my phone is now recording mp4s instead of mkv. I am now able to upload my new videos because they are mp4 but not the mkv. I guess that means the problem is on the actual app itself not recognizing mkv format.

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just figured out when you record with hi res audio on, it saves as an mkv but if you leave it off it saves as mp4. So if you want to upload videos just dont record with hi res audio on.

Gears of Meow

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I just figured out when you record with hi res audio on, it saves as an mkv but if you leave it off it saves as mp4. So if you want to upload videos just dont record with hi res audio on.

Does this fix work with tablets as well? I've been trying to upload videos I've dofrom my OneDrive

Kathy Shaw

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Make sure that the uploaded video meet the best uploading settings listed below for Instagram
– Video codec: H.264 codec / MP4
– Audio codec: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono
– Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (any height)
– Frame rate: 29.96 frames per second
– Video bit rate: 3,500 kbps video bit rate
– Video length: 3 to 60 seconds
– Apsect ratio: 16:9 or 1:1

Nakib

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I just solved the problem. Just navigate to the video you want to import and edit by downgrading its resolution from full hd to hd