Micro sd card doesn't work

Danielmdmj

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! My first time here! Hope I can help and also someone can help me in many problems.

Just bought brand new htc 10, and did format to the sd card, and somehow the card doesn't work at all right now, even on computer.
Can someone help me figure it out?

Thanks.
Daniel

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with PapaGary, try a different card. If the card can't even be recognized by the computer, then it somehow got corrupted or completely failed. If the card is new, I'd bring it back to the store and ask for a refund or exchange.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Card is bad, had that same thing happen to one of mine. It can happen if you don't unmount the card properly and remove it from another device.

donnyhat55

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to two cards, some how they either went bad on their own or in some way or the other the phone corrupted them. Neither card was very old, one was a off brand 128Gb and the other was a 64Gb Samsung Pro. I contacted Samsung and they had me take photos of the card and the got back with me and said the card was a counter fit card, of course the seller on Ebay denied that. So I got a new UHS 3 Samsung 64Gb and formatted it and all is working great now.
Your problem is probably a bad card like everyone says, these cheap Chinese knockoffs may be a good deal but the quality is not there and they will not last.

A couple of days after I posted this reply my UHS 3 card went out or so the phone said, I called Verizon Tech Support and the sent me another phone, After I got the phone setup, just for curiosity sake I reinstalled the UHS3 back in the new phone and it formatted to internal memory and is working just fine now. I may could have tried the other two cards in it too and they might have worked, who knows.

Last edited:

Danielmdmj

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
it was working before I format the card, somehow it's kind of the phone "ruind" the card, I used it in my other lg phone before and it worked. Any device isn't recognize the card (Samsung pro 128GB U1)

But I guess I just need to buy better card, because it might be fake as you said here before.

Everyone Thanks for help!
Really appreciate that!

So any suggestions for good card above 128GB?

badzi0r

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Quite popular issue. My HTC 10 damaged my expensive Lexar card. So following advise on x-developers I bought 128 GB SanDisk ultra (around £25 on black Friday) and it works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi