WIFI WHEN ON THE ROAD

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering why when I am out somestimes and randomly try to connect via WIFI to an open wireless access point at lets say a CVS or a school,etc,etc. the acess point is not password protected and I can get on lets say Facebook but I cant acess anything or do anything...error message comes up stating unable to connect?? When at a Hotspot such as Starbucks or MCDonalds,etc. open access Wifi is perfect. Thanks...

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
CVS and schools may have certain sites and activities blocked. This is becoming a more common practice. Starbuck and McD's are a completely open access.

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
CVS and schools may have certain sites and activities blocked. This is becoming a more common practice. Starbuck and McD's are a completely open access.

Thanks, Im new to Wifi on Phone and this seems to be the case.Today I was at a Docs office and I got a strong Wifi Open connection but when I connected and tried to go to this forum it asked for a password.So, I guess the Network connection was open and not password protected but to log on and "surf" is..................Thanks again !!
PS...I came from a Samsung Eternity, non smart phone so I wasnt able to have an unlimed data plan with ATT...Hence why I dont want to connect via 3G too much.. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87