Why does my phone show apps in both internal & external memory?

A

AC Question

I have a HTC desire 510. When I download any app/game to my phone, it goes to my ad card for storage. Yet it also is in my phone storage? Doesn't that take up memory space in both places? I'm not really knowlegable about these things. Can someone please help explain why I'm always short on memory? I have a 32g ad card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It is most likely storing the main portion of the app on Internal Storage, but automatically utilizing the SD card for certain bits of data.

Assuming your phone came with 8 GB of internal storage (which is what the specs say), you probably only had about 4-5 GB available to use, after accounting for the OS and any preinstalled bloat. Given the increasing size of apps these days, it's not unusual to run out of space relatively quickly, because apps always have to download and install to Internal Storage first. If the phone supports moving an app to SD, then you could free up a little storage by doing so, but it's never that much, because you can only move a portion of the app (not the whole thing). Review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez