My HTC 300 Desire is stuck in settings, how can I get past this?

A

AC Question

htc 300 desire stuck in settings

so for months my htc desire has been stuck in on the start up logo many other people have experienced this problem and i couldnt find a solution so i just left my phone. today i tried on the off chance a hard reset which never worked but IT WORKED... but i can only go into settings if i try to go to e.g the home screen it says unfortunately, setup has failed. i have spent hours googling and trying solutions so PLEASE HELP will be eternally grateful

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: htc 300 desire stuck in settings

so for months my htc desire has been stuck in on the start up logo many other people have experienced this problem and i couldnt find a solution so i just left my phone. today i tried on the off chance a hard reset which never worked but IT WORKED... but i can only go into settings if i try to go to e.g the home screen it says unfortunately, setup has failed. i have spent hours googling and trying solutions so PLEASE HELP will be eternally grateful

Welcome to Android Central!

Try using the HTC RUU to install a fresh copy of the OS on the phone. It might clear out all the bugs and give you a fresh OS.

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States