How can I make Google Play Store open on my Android phone??

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello all, I recently purchased a new LG LML212VL smartphone that is using Android, and had to do a full reset because the Google Assistant was not able to hear me speak to the phone, but now it will not let me open Google Play Store app....
This frustrating because I just bought this phone within the last 3 weeks, and it is already messing up. As well, I am peeved because my carrier is Tracfone Wireless, the most incompetent wireless company on the planet, and they can provide nothing that even vaguely resembles technical support.
When I click the icon for the Google Play Store, it starts to open, but instead comes back with 'Server Error try again'.
I have tried rebooting the phone, and it is the same thing.
I have gone into Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info and found Google Play Store, then cleared the data and cache folders, followed by a reboot, but same thing - 'Server Error Try again'.
I tried calling Tracfone, because their so called 'chat support' option is never available, and they were absolutely no help at all, basically asking me for the same information about myself over and over again, with no answers provided, and eventually, in true Tracfone tech support fashion, directing me to contact Google for support.
Boy, those call center guys LOVE to pass the buck somewhere else, just to get you off the phone.
So now I am here, hoping someone here can explain this to me.
I will be eternally grateful for any solutions provided, and Thanks in advance!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What versions of the Play Store and Google Play Services are currently installed on the phone?

BTW, I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, what often works to resolve this issue:

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Google Play Store -> three dot menu -> Uninstall updates.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe