Couple Questions for Erisperts

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
1. Can I set up Google Voice on a different gmail acct than the email gmail account I set up on the phone?

2. Can I hook up to my WiFi at home before I activate service on my phone? I bought an Eris for my wife and Ill get it today but I want to set it up for her while she is at work.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Can nobody at least answer #2? I would like to setup the phone for my wife without starting service. I have the phone charging right now

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe part of the setup process is to activate, then to setup wifi, but you may be able to cancel the setup, or hit the home button to bypass setup. you may get crashing of apps though.. as the apps just on load require network access of some kind.

I could be wrong though. Not something i have done before. Once activated you can turn off the mobile network, but I assume you want it to be a surprise without disabling her current phone. you can always try...

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife needs to use her phone at work, that is why I dont want to activate the new phone yet. She said I should activate it on my line (since we are both upgrading) then change lines when my phone gets in and activate my phone. Im not confused, but that is too much just so I can play on her phone, uh... set it up.

Thanks for the reply.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's right I've had to do a few factory resets and it makes me activate every time before it will go to the setup. But just a tip send it back and get a MOTO Droid or an incredible. The Eris has hit end of life and they are just trying to empty inventory.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
2. Can I hook up to my WiFi at home before I activate service on my phone? I bought an Eris for my wife and Ill get it today but I want to set it up for her while she is at work.

I do not know for sure myself, but this rang a bell and I did some googling; I'm going to point you to this page:

Bypass Activation Screen? - Android Forums

No guarantees, but it's worth a shot to try some of these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty