should i root?

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
will rooting my eris get rid of the silent call bug? If it will help, i'm rooting, if not i don't see much point, my phone is running great except sometimes it just won't ring (since the 2.1 update) and i'm missing calls.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
i don't think rooting will have any impact on that issue, unless you load a rom that excludes a portion of code that causes that particular issue. however, removing bloatware and overclocking makes a HUGE difference.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply. Guess i'll spend the weekend researching roms. There has just got to be some way around whatever it is that's interfering with with that signal.

mcook1670

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
that's the reason i rooted, couple weeks ago when the ota was rolling out. I was having several issues with my phone and kept waiting for the ota. Finally I just rooted it and haven't had any problems. If you want froyo you'll probably have to root. I don't see verizon rolling out 2.2 for the Eris after all the problems with 2.1

ronopolis

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone dialer lag was so bad I was about to throw my Eris out the window. The other day I bit the bullet and rooted to xtrsense 3.1
beta test xtrSENSE4.0! [ROM] [8/12/2010] xtrSENSE3.1 [apps2sd,jit,oc]- HTC Sense - xda-developers

using the universal root for dummies:

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

If you want to basically get your same phone with senseUI, very stable, brain-dead simple instructions, this is the way to go. I read a lot, and I think this is by far the best path to victory.

It is literally like getting a new phone. Everything actually works. No lag. Free wifi tethering. Overclocking if you want to, which is also simple. In fact most people use overclock to also UNDERclock (when the screen is off, or the battery is low, or the temp is high), and you actually gain battery life.

I considered my Eris a complete piece of crap -- it was unusable as a phone. And now I'm completely happy with it.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My phone dialer lag was so bad I was about to throw my Eris out the window. The other day I bit the bullet and rooted to xtrsense 3.1
beta test xtrSENSE4.0! [ROM] [8/12/2010] xtrSENSE3.1 [apps2sd,jit,oc]- HTC Sense - xda-developers

using the universal root for dummies:

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

If you want to basically get your same phone with senseUI, very stable, brain-dead simple instructions, this is the way to go. I read a lot, and I think this is by far the best path to victory.

It is literally like getting a new phone. Everything actually works. No lag. Free wifi tethering. Overclocking if you want to, which is also simple. In fact most people use overclock to also UNDERclock (when the screen is off, or the battery is low, or the temp is high), and you actually gain battery life.

I considered my Eris a complete piece of crap -- it was unusable as a phone. And now I'm completely happy with it.

This is exactly where I am. I've been hating it lately. I can use the web, navigation, Pandora, etc - but when I go to make a freakin' phone call, I can't! I've been to Verizon 3 times and all they do is install Task Killer. I'll try that root tomorrow, I think and see how it works.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question - but to root it I'll have to wipe it clean, right? And does rooting void the warranty?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch