Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Eris hanging big time today

Is anyone else on Verizon and using the Eris having some serious lag in their phone's operation today? I don't know if a Verizon network issue would cause such slowing of the device but my wife is having the same issues.
    *grumble grumble* Its enough to throw the *censored* thing threw a window.

Ryan
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Is it just when you're surfing the web or is it the phone overall? If it's overall phone performance, I don't see how the network could cause the phone to slow down completely. Have the 2 of you installed any 3rd party apps recently?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Installed apps? hehe yeah all the time. But my wife hasn't. She's not as "into" the phone as I am.

I noticed the lag when I got a call and no matter what I did the phone just sat there and let the caller go to voicemail eventually. It never even rang! And then when I finally got it to respond it was only responding to commands about 15 secs later...really frustrating. As for the phone in general, anything I used on it during this time was using the network to some extent. I eventually powered the device down...haven't bother with it since.