What are the chances the Incredible S comes to AT&T?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd like a decent HTC device on AT&T...the Inspire is not for me since you cannot add an extended battery...this looks to be a better option...if AT&T will get it.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd like a decent HTC device on AT&T...the Inspire is not for me since you cannot add an extended battery...this looks to be a better option...if AT&T will get it.

Well the original Incredible was Droid branded, Verizon phone. So I would assume the S will come to Verizon as well. But who knows.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Well the original Incredible was Droid branded, Verizon phone. So I would assume the S will come to Verizon as well. But who knows.
Yeah that's what worries me too, but yeah who knows...maybe AT&T will bring it over and call it something else the way they have the Inspire.

I got a better ideal, you can always switch to Verizon to get one.
Well I wouldn't go so far as to call it a better ideal(as you put it), but it is an option. Problem is, in my area AT&T is consistently 3 times faster than Verizon. I get regular downloads of 3.5 to 4.0Mbps... Verizon on it's best day is 1.5Mbps....not exactly a great incentive to switch carriers. Though I would LOVE the Thunderbolt....I am holding firm and waiting to see if maybe the Thunderbolt(or a derivative) comes to AT&T.

Anyway I'm getting a Xoom on Verizon so I'll get a chance to see what kind of network(customer assistance included) Verizon really is.

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hate to break it to you, but WCDMA is another name for UMTS, which is what AT&T and T-Mobile use for 3G.

WCDMA (not to be confused with CDMA) is used on GSM networks, and won't work on Verizon or Sprint.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Air force one I'm with you there. I want more Android phones like this one coming to ATT. I get great signal service here too.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Phones been leaked on VZW CDMA. the GSM is for the European network its already released on. It MIGHT come out for ATT under a different name..but I would not get my hopes up. Sorry.

milk242

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's strange that Verizon would allow BestBuy to be the exclusive carrier of the phone. Doesn't that mean that they wouldn't sell this phone in Verizon and could only get it at BestBuy? Maybe the incredible s will come in different models which can be bought through BestBuy mobile only.

All in all, I'm still hoping it comes in a flavor that is compatible with AT&T.

Sparro

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm with you on that one. This is the perfect form factor for me. HTC device with 4" screen, front camera and LED notification light.
It has to come out with a slightly different name for HSPA 850/1900.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It's strange that Verizon would allow BestBuy to be the exclusive carrier of the phone. Doesn't that mean that they wouldn't sell this phone in Verizon and could only get it at BestBuy? Maybe the incredible s will come in different models which can be bought through BestBuy mobile only.

this has been gone over 100 times in the thunderbolt forums!

BB Retail exclusive mean BB is the exclusive 3rd party brick and mortar retailer of a phone. websites like amazon, wirefly, walmart.com, ect. can still sell the phone online. VZW is NOT a 3rd party retailer of their own phones and they can and will sell them online and in store.

hope this clears that up for you!

Edit: (BB may sell veriations of a phone that VZW or other retailers online or in store might not IE the White iPhone)