Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a root in the works for the Incredible S? I want GB and I dont wan't to wait. So if anyone knows of a root and ROM could you point me in the right direction? I am hoping there will be a Cyanogenmod for it soon.

Thank you.

Brucewl

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye out on this thread! Rooting Incredible S [Not Done Yet] - xda-developers

He's working on it, apparently some guys from China have done it as well, but they haven't post any instructions on how they did it. I'm hoping to root my Incredible S as well, just picked it up on the weekend and is my first Android device.

wow...do you know incredible S is also my first Andorid Phone, I had used Nokia 6120 for almost 4 years.:)

LeanNSupreme

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Part of me is regretting picking the Incredible S over the Nexus S...shoulda done more research as I wasn't even planning on picking up a new phone the day I bought my IS. I picked it over the Nexus S primarily because the Nexus S didn't support any memory cards ><

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Part of me is regretting picking the Incredible S over the Nexus S...shoulda done more research as I wasn't even planning on picking up a new phone the day I bought my IS. I picked it over the Nexus S primarily because the Nexus S didn't support any memory cards ><
I was thinking the same thing, but I have to say. I love the HTC Inc S design, plus it has a better camera and you have the expandable memory. Once there is a Root & ROM for it, you can run the same stock Android experience as you would with a Nexus S. The only thing lacking then would be NFC capability which is still some way off being a mainstream tech.

Take heart from the fact yout Inc S is more powerful than the Sony Experia Play too :p

Brucewl

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually I heard some of Incredible S can root now, but it only for some machine what "S-off" in RECOVERY mode. But mine is on...

Sighter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they have been able to root the phone, but only some phones in Taiwan and China which were shipped with S-off.

There has been a lot of progess in rooting the S-on versions though, it will only be a matter of time!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana