Noticed this.....

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a "whatever, just do it" type person for minor (imo) inconveniences, so the 6 digit or press ok thing was...OK.

However, I tried the fix and it worked 1st time. Idk how @DecipherThis deciphered, but it works. Lol
Wow!
It worked!
You're exactly right, I missed the option about deselecting it, then reselecting it. I kept missing that second step for some reason. It now works perfectly. Thank you so much. 🙏

Reactions: Rose4uKY

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I followed the instructions and it works great! I am back to a 4 digit PIN without having to press OK.
Read carefully and do exactly hat it says. The key is to turn of (de-select) the option, and then just reselect it immediately. I actually did it two times and it worked both times! YMMV
Your deselecting and reselecting was the key for me to get it! Thank you for explaining it to me bc apparently I'm a 2nd grader in the morning at following instructions 🤣🙏

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If you reboot the phone, or shut if off and back on, the 4 digit pin remains but you will have to press OK just the 1st time, and then after that and you lock/unlock the screen it will bypass the OK! YMMV

Reactions: jtfwTX

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Not losing our minds but just annoyed. Android is all about customization right? I would like a 4 digit pin and not having to press ok. Am I going to return the phone? No. Just annoyed. 😐
I think @fuzzylumpkin hit it right on the head. Android is about customization. It is also about security. Two extra taps will not make your life any less convenient. Get over it and move on.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Unofficial app stores, rooting, etc don't scream security to me. Mostly choice. But I've moved on. Just choose to be kind already
How is trying to keep your stuff safe mean? I'm looking at this as someone who has literally brute forced a 4 digit combination lock in under 20 mins lol.

Reactions: jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
How is trying to keep your stuff safe mean? I'm looking at this as someone who has literally brute forced a 4 digit combination lock in under 20 mins lol.
That's a good point. Didn't think that would/could happen. So yes a 6 digit pin is more secure than a 4 digit. Facts. But for me I'll take the risk. Choice.
I was assuming the "tone" of the response wasn't kind but I could be wrong. It's over. I appreciate the other posters help and answers.

Reactions: dakini03

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I believe the gestures are the same now as Google's from what I see in the description of actions being mentioned by members ..think just need to get used to them for most
I just saw a post on YouTube saying that the Samsung gestures were available now on Good Lock in Navstar and then under "extra gestures". I checked it to confirm and I don't see it but it's worth a look if that's your preference.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I just saw a post on YouTube saying that the Samsung gestures were available now on Good Lock in Navstar and then under "extra gestures". I checked it to confirm and I don't see it but it's worth a look if that's your preference.
Saw that also. I believe the update is rolling out.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

bostontecalo

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
For the second issue with swipe gestures in the navigation bar, Samsung often provides customization options. Navigate to "Settings," then "Display," and look for "Navigation bar" or "Gestures." There, you might find options to customize the navigation gestures, including the recent apps gesture.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So far, I'm having good luck with using extend unlock (formerly known as smart lock).

I have my GW6 Classic set as a trusted device (along with my car, earbuds, etc).

I also have trusted location set and on body detection.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the phone will lock you out for a while after a few failed attempts. I think like after say 10 failed attempts the device will be automatically wiped. Then it will ask for the previous account info.

So any account info will still be safe.

Still 6 digits will be much harder to brute force. But obviously using a password would be even better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000