No need for a case :)

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally haven't used a case since the HTC Mogul days. I usually roll with Seidio's holster & an extended battery & I'm set. :cool:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally haven't used a case since the HTC Mogul days. I usually roll with Seidio's holster & an extended battery.

As far as a holster goes I been using the same sprint generic leather case for 3 devices now. Even with hard case on phone still is a perfect fit. And has a nice belt clip on it. Don't trust sedio extended battery ever since a little more then a year ago when I had my pre, myself and others tested there so called extended battery and it had same power as a stock battery. They were basically screwing people. I use mugen extended battery, they are fantastic batterys.

EVO - LUTION 3D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this. I've been waiting/looking for a minimalistic case, and this looks perfect. I ordered one. :)

I love it. Feels good in hand, it's like hard rubber, and the camera lens looks pretty cool and is protected very good. If you never seen the phone before you would not know it had a case on it unless you looked closely.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Last edited:

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have used the generic sprint leather case with a belt clip since my pre. The evo fits perfect in it even with a case.

EVO - LUTION 3D

I finally got back to the store to pick up this leather case. However I ended up picking up the case for me, kickstand case for the wife and an EVO 4G for my daughter. I have to stay out of that store. :-\

Jeratain

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just received the CaseMate Barely There case in the mail today and here are my thoughts.

1. It's got a great soft grip to it that feels really nice to the touch.
2. It doesn't scuff up easily and it doesn't track fingerprints at all. It might get dirty from other things, but the case is incredibly easy to clean.
3. This thing lives up to its name: it is a very low profile case that really doesn't add any bulk to the phone. Coming from a Body Glove that I picked up on launch day, this thing makes the phone feel slimmer and look sexier.
4. It looks sexy good. I ordered the black and I love the nice matte look to it.
5. The camera protection is exactly what I've been looking for.

Other notes:
- I don't have a gap where the camera buttons are. I tried looking at different angles and I believe I received a well-produced one and got lucky.
- It adds a nice little lip to the parts that come around the screen so if you were to place the phone face down on a table, the case would raise it a bit so the screen doesn't directly touch the table.
- When holding it at certain angles, if your hand touches the lip of the case, it might feel a bit sharp, but this isn't a huge issue.

This case, is a great purchase for anyone who already takes decent care of their phone (read: doesn't drop it constantly) and wants some basic protection while keeping the phone looking sleek. I love this case.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just received the CaseMate Barely There case in the mail today and here are my thoughts.

1. It's got a great soft grip to it that feels really nice to the touch.
2. It doesn't scuff up easily and it doesn't track fingerprints at all. It might get dirty from other things, but the case is incredibly easy to clean.
3. This thing lives up to its name: it is a very low profile case that really doesn't add any bulk to the phone. Coming from a Body Glove that I picked up on launch day, this thing makes the phone feel slimmer and look sexier.
4. It looks sexy good. I ordered the black and I love the nice matte look to it.
5. The camera protection is exactly what I've been looking for.

Other notes:
- I don't have a gap where the camera buttons are. I tried looking at different angles and I believe I received a well-produced one and got lucky.
- It adds a nice little lip to the parts that come around the screen so if you were to place the phone face down on a table, the case would raise it a bit so the screen doesn't directly touch the table.
- When holding it at certain angles, if your hand touches the lip of the case, it might feel a bit sharp, but this isn't a huge issue.

This case, is a great purchase for anyone who already takes decent care of their phone (read: doesn't drop it constantly) and wants some basic protection while keeping the phone looking sleek. I love this case.

I have had mine for almost a week now and I love it, best case out there,, fyi,, in the last days of having my evo 4g, i also had this case on that device also. I was riding my bike and had evo in bike mount on handle bars. I forgot to secure it tight after using it at my last stop. I was going very fast down a hill and hit a big bump. The evo flew out of the mount and crashed to the concrete ground. I thought for sure it was dead. To my surprise other than a small chip in the lower left corner of screen, the device was fine. The case was dinged up where it made contact but that was it.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Last edited:

WarJock

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Take it from me.... the 3d without a case isn't as strong as you think. I stepped out the door and dropped my phone on the sidewalk. The metal part of the case BENT badly on the top right corner. It bent and separated from the screen. Yes, it is strong as I discovered when I tried to bend it back into place. I have been trying to decide on a case to buy. Too late for me. Don't let it be for you.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had my 3VO w/o case for 2 weeks as a test to see if it held up to me and my everyday use. I mean why not I could always return it since im within the 30 days... Yesterday however I noticed the smallest little scuffs on the bottom right corner (I assume from me putting it in my cup holder when I am in my car) Well needless to say experiment over and now my 3VO is happily back in it's BB Platinum Case.....

mr_ecktid

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I was riding naked for the past three weeks, I dropped my 3d face down parallel to the concrete ground.

Nice big shatters all across.

Headed straight to Best Buy, I have the geeksquad plan ($10/mo), no deductible. They took the phone, gave me an LG android loaner phone, I should have my 3d back by Friday.

Definitely looking to pick up an otterbox or some other case now. When you live on the edge, you're bound to fall over sooner or later :(