How to unroot 1.5 hboot (HTC Method)

takenover42

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
- How to unroot your 1.5 hboot -​

What you need to downloads:
- rootevo3dnew
- RUU_Shooter - (I did NOT upload this! I only used it! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

Unrooting your phone​

Step 1: Press the Menu Button > Settings > Power > (Uncheck) Fast boot
(Help Screenies -- Setting Power, FastBoot)

Step 2: Power off your phone (Screen Shot)

Step 3: Hold down volume down and the power button to get into Hboot

Step 4: Go to fastboot press the power button, Plug in your usb cable to your phone you should see "Fastboot USB"

Step 5: Go to your computer, download rootevo3dnew if you haven't already, unzip it place the folder into your C:\ directory

Step 6: Go into 'rootevo3dnew' folder install drivers if you haven't already

Step 7: Now open up your cmd, type "cd \rootevo3dnew" (WITHOUT QUOTES) ENTER (Screen Shot)

Step 8: Now it will say "C:\rootevo3dnew" now type "fastboot oem lock" (Without QUOTES!) this should relock your 3vo so that you can use the HUU Shooter. You will notice that where it said it was "Unlocked" now it says "Relocked"

Step 9: After you relocking it, it should still be in Hboot mode and still in fastboot USB, now your going to need to download HUU Shooter if you haven't already.

Step 10: Open HUU Shooter (Screen Shot) now go through all the steps and it should start deleting everything and turn your phone back to stock, when you first got it out of the box.

Now your back to stock, you can re-root it if you want to, you can do what you need to do, have fun with your phone ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK UP EVERYTHING!

(P.S. - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU MESS UP WITH YOUR PHONE, IM JUST HERE TO HELP YOU OUT, DON'T BLAME ME FOR ANYTHING IF YOU WERE TO MESS IT UP THAT IS ALL ON YOU!)​

calidrifter

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I relocked the bootloader and am unable to use HTC method to unlock again. I get error cannot load unlock_code.bin. does anyone know a work around?

Trigger517

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a little side note, on MINE it said relocked n HTC said Warranty is null and void, they sent it back to me. Sprint reloaded the image/rom. Just saying what happen to me.

Lwsfr976

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So this didn't work for me at all. It relocked but the RUU said anyways error occurred and that I needed the correct updater. Does anybody know where I could get a newer one?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
go to settings/about phone/software info/more.
the build number is the version and the baseband is your radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty