[Tool] {V2} Installing TWRP Recovery 1.1.1 - ALL hboots!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I made this script because people with hboot 1.5 usually have problems getting recovery to flash.

This is tested on hboot 1.4 with revolutionary S-OFF method and on hboot 1.5 with HTC Unlock method.

Disclaimer!
  • You do this at your own risk! You brick it you own it!
  • It has been tested so I cant imagine anything going wrong.
  • *IF* something goes wrong just post and I will help

Prerequisites
  • Must have hboot 1.3 / 1.4 with S-OFF using revolutionary method
  • or
  • hboot 1.5 unlocked with HTC Unlock method

Instructions
  1. Download attachment
  2. Unzip
  3. Run Do it!
  4. Profit!

What you will see:

attachment.php

Credit goes to teamwin for the recovery. There site is here: TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp)

Dont be shy! If you download the file then Thank the post :)

Attachments

• Hit Thanks First! - Flash twrp 1.1.1.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,302
Last edited:

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Tool] {V2} Updating / Installing TWRP Recovery 1.1.1 (hboot

I was struggling with this. Didn't even know if I had customer recovery or not. This did the trick. Easy to use, which is great, since I'm not really a techie. A plus.

Edit: will thank later(on mobile now)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, it looked liked it was going to work but then I booted into the Bootloader and selected Recovery and got the HTC backspash followed by the phone powering off. I have not been able to get TWRP installed via any method to date and had high hopes for this installer. Any ideas? I really don't like CWR.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I booted back into the OS and from the restart option menu selected Recovery and it's in TWRP now!! Sweet! Wonder why it wasn't working from the bootloader?

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
im trying to guess what this is. sooo go to htcdev site do that... then this is the next step to putting a new OS on my phone for root? or does this allow me to have superuser on stock? thanks!

simply put: step 1... htcdev
step 2: this
step 3: ? what now?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey scott can I use this just to update my TWRP recovery?

Yes, this will update as well as install.

im trying to guess what this is. sooo go to htcdev site do that... then this is the next step to putting a new OS on my phone for root? or does this allow me to have superuser on stock? thanks!

simply put: step 1... htcdev
step 2: this
step 3: ? what now?

Step 3... Make a Nandroid back up then.... Flash a custom ROM or find the Superuser flashable zip to give you root on stock ROM. Personally I think if you made it this far you might as well flash a custom ROM!

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
complete newbie question here? Does this give s off? So can i flash cm 7?

No, this gives you a custom recovery so that you can load CM7. S-OFF or unlock will need to be used before you can use this app.

1) You'll need S-OFF using Revolutionary (Hboot V 1.4) or use the HTC Dev unlock system (Hboot V 1.5).

2) Once this is done, you'll need a new recovery that will allow you to flash CM7. Use the app in this thread to install TWRP, it's a custom recovery.

3) Once TWRP is installed, use it to make a nandroid backup, and once backup is complete use TWRP to flash CM7.

OP, thanks for this. I will take advantage of it as soon as CM7 hits nightly/beta.

Reactions: ksumanth

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No, this gives you a custom recovery so that you can load CM7. S-OFF or unlock will need to be used before you can use this app.

1) You'll need S-OFF using Revolutionary (Hboot V 1.4) or use the HTC Dev unlock system (Hboot V 1.5).

2) Once this is done, you'll need a new recovery that will allow you to flash CM7. Use the app in this thread to install TWRP, it's a custom recovery.

3) Once TWRP is installed, use it to make a nandroid backup, and once backup is complete use TWRP to flash CM7.

OP, thanks for this. I will take advantage of it as soon as CM7 hits nightly/beta.
thanks a lot for the response, i was waiting for Revolution method to come for HBOOT 1.5 but with this I will finally jump on the band wagon :)

So just to reiterate so I dont need the S off now to fully root my phone ?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I heard from guy who heard from his cousin who heard from his barber who heard from his mechanics sons wife who heard from his pastor who heard form the.... there may not be an s-off for 1.5. To be honest with you its quite redundant. There is no value in it. HTC Method will do everything S-OFF does ;)

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this will update as well as install.

Step 3... Make a Nandroid back up then.... Flash a custom ROM or find the Superuser flashable zip to give you root on stock ROM. Personally I think if you made it this far you might as well flash a custom ROM!

thanks! lastly, will any step end up formatting my phone? even just going the superuser flash way?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, will this allow me to flash a new ROM from recovery? I have 1.5 and used HTC root... to flash a ROM I have to do it the long way. Will this fix that? Or Do I still have to install new ROM's the hard way? (because honestly... I can't remember how I did it the first time! lol)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey, will this allow me to flash a new ROM from recovery? I have 1.5 and used HTC root... to flash a ROM I have to do it the long way. Will this fix that? Or Do I still have to install new ROM's the hard way? (because honestly... I can't remember how I did it the first time! lol)
This will not change how you flash a ROM. Its just a quick script I made to update recovery partition. I am working on a script like this that will take the drudgery out of flashing ROMS on hboot 1.5. Its going to be pretty much the same code... Just need to add a line to it, lol Have not had a chance yet.

Reactions: tommymsw