Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

ok update number 3! i installed that RUU exe update that bobodobo was talking about, but the thing that confused me was i had the same ROM that it was trying to update, so it would have just installed the same software or whatever that i already have....is that normal? i feel like im so close, yet still so far!! thanks for your patience in advance, like i said im not very good with this stuff yet.
Yes I found that I had to update via the .exe file and over-write the existing 2.17.651.5 software version with the identical version number. Before I did that, nothing would cause the unlock screen to appear on the phone... after I did that, it worked on the first try. As I said, apparently not all 2.17.651.5 updates are created equal.

Timrashad

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

how do you install the RUU file, i just downloaded it because i am having the same problem with the unlock thing

Timrashad

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes I found that I had to update via the .exe file and over-write the existing 2.17.651.5 software version with the identical version number. Before I did that, nothing would cause the unlock screen to appear on the phone... after I did that, it worked on the first try. As I said, apparently not all 2.17.651.5 updates are created equal.

How do you install RUU files?

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

How do you install RUU files?

You don't install RUU (Rom Update Utility) files on your phone. The RUU is a Windows executable file. Just run the .exe file (i.e. double click it) and follow the instructions. It runs on Windows only though if you're on a Mac (as I am) you can use Windows running on Parallels (as I do.)

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

if you downloaded the RUU,exe you use your pc.if you downloaded the Ruu.zip you use your phone by renaming it to PG86IMG and boot into the bootloader.and then again you can pull the rom.zip from the .exe

slickrikc21

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

AWESOME GUIDE!!! took me about an hr to complete the process (including downloading necessary files)
followed step by step without any issues. brand spanking new rooted evo 3d!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
ok folks im really missing something here when i get to step 7 all i get is

C:\rootevo3dnew>fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img
downloading 'boot.img'...

and it just get stuck there so if anyone has had this problem please advise me thanks
and by the way the only indication that i got after unlocking the phone is "unlocked" in red on top

I got the same question. Help us out here.

kaponte84

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

every time i do the thing to htc dev to unlock it never unlocks it says its successful but it never unlocks please help

gearhead29

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

hi i'm trying to root my evo 3d one ? i am useing my phone as my internet how can i unlock boot loader and root my phone by doing this or can't i

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I unlock the hboot but when I go to the second part of the process I cannot get into fastboot, I get an error massage "the main version is older. press power to reboot.
'please some help will be appreciated. thank

Last edited:

timpearson78

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

How do I get past the Failed (Remote: Not Allowed) Error after I enter the command fastboot boot c:cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img in step 7?

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yay, this worked great for me.

Unfortunately, like an idiot i forgot to backup everything. Oops.

Oh well. Thank you, play store, for keeping track of everything I've ever downloaded.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

try this.. rename cwm to recovery.img then type in the command prompt fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
make sure the recovery.img is in the same folder with fastboot

How do I get past the Failed (Remote: Not Allowed) Error after I enter the command fastboot boot c:cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img in step 7?

or use this much easier

http://www.scottsroms.com/showthrea...stalling-TWRP-Recovery-1-1-(hboot-1-3-1-4-1-5)

TimBrickIt

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm new at this. Can the phone be put back like stock? I guess what I mean is can it be re "locked"?

TimBrickIt

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, it's a work phone so I think I'll still hold off until the 1yr warranty is up. I can just imagine if I voided the warranty and something broke while it still should be covered. Looking forward to it though.

beefncheese

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, new user here. I did this and I'm stuck in a boot loop! Please help cuz now I'm out a phone. I've tried everything I could possibly find in any forum or site. Please help

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, new user here. I did this and I'm stuck in a boot loop! Please help cuz now I'm out a phone. I've tried everything I could possibly find in any forum or site. Please help

we need more info to help you , what exactly did you do

May 1, 2012
Visit site

grrr!!! phone still locked this is what the cmd prompt says

c:/android>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending ' unlocktoken'<0 kb>...
OKAY [ 0.152s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
<bootloader> unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.006S]
finished. total time: 0.160s