Can't install any ICS ROMS

GTAFan9999

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's the deal. Ever since the ICS leak for the 3D I found a link for a list of "Fully functional ROMS" at this link. Yet when I try to install them, I always get boot-loops. Has anyone installed any of these ROMS because I'd like to try them out myself.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What your guys issue is probably that your using TWRP recovery. You need clockwork recovery. TWRP doesnt flash ICS ROMs.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So was it clockwork that caused it, or something you did and/or the ROM file did. Clockwork has been solid for everyone I know.

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, can't flash any ICS roms it just goes into boot loop, and I'm using 4ext, which is awesome by the way. anyway, I just realized I have 2.08 and not 2.17 could that be where I keep getting hung up? if so what should I do? Flash the update?

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This may be your fix:

Get Flash Image GUI from the market.
- Open it and leave it set on the radio button "Kernel Image"
- Browse for the ROM you want to install and select it.
- Hit OK a bunch of times and it will pull the kernel from the ROM. It will flash it and then you should boot into recovery when it prompts you. Then flash your actual ROM from recovery.

Let me know how it goes for you.

You could also look up joeykrim and Scrosler has it stickied. It's joeykrim's app and it's super.

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, can't flash any ICS roms it just goes into boot loop, and I'm using 4ext, which is awesome by the way. anyway, I just realized I have 2.08 and not 2.17 could that be where I keep getting hung up? if so what should I do? Flash the update?

You need the 2.17 firmware.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
so i tried the flash image gui, and then tried installing it, and it loaded to the i guess home screen, all i saw was the time, battery percentage, and my service bars, which had a X above it, and then it rebooted, and then it just does that over and over. i only tried it once, because when i try restoring one of my backups it wont and does the whole white htc sreen over and over. and i relocked and unrooted my device so now i have the 2.17. so im not really sure what the issue is. im using 4ext. pretty confused, especially the part where after it doesn't work it wont load a backup...second time its happened. suggestions anyone!??
thanks for the advice.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same problems... Unlocked hboot 1.5 (HTC method), 4ext recovery, 2.17 firmware. Did the "superwipe" which some people recommend. Both CleanROM and meanROM ICS versions boot loop no matter how many resets, battery pulls, etc., I do. I haven't yet tried the Flash Image thingie that UTnick suggests.

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
man i really don't get it, i just tried the MeanICS and its not working either, it loads, allows me to unlock it, then i see the htc screen for a millisecond and its reboots, repeat cycle.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys going about flashing this? I'm on hboot 1.5 and I flashed cleanrom from 2.08, so no, 2.17 is not necessary. I did mine via PC though.

My flash process for hboot 1.5
1. Download rom and put on my SD root.
2. Back up anything that needs backed up.
3. Boot into fastboot.
4. Open command prompt on my PC. You may need to change directories to wherever your shooter.img is.
5. Ensure phone is in fastboot and plug it into my PC. It should now read fastboot USB.
6. In the command prompt type:

Code:
fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img

and hit enter.

7. Phone should reboot into recovery.
8. Unplug it from my PC, nandroid, factory reset, flash rom zip.
9. Once flashed, I reboot and let it do its thing.

Note: I use cleanrom ics. There's a separate boot.img you need to flash to use xda's newtoroot's ics/sense 4.0 rom. I have not tried it out, but hboot 1.5 people have reported success in flashing.
-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Reactions: tory38

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
yea iv had pretty good luck with it as well....but this whole ICS thing has really thrown me for a "boot loop" ha. so im not really sure what the hell is going on.

AidenSurvival

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
yea iv had pretty good luck with it as well....but this whole ICS thing has really thrown me for a "boot loop" ha. so im not really sure what the hell is going on.

Most flash the boot.img after the ROM via fast boot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the input, but its just not working, i have tried everything i could think of and what was suggested. i have s-on would that make a difference? cause thats the only thing i can think of....

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the input, but its just not working, i have tried everything i could think of and what was suggested. i have s-on would that make a difference? cause thats the only thing i can think of....

I'm having the exact same problem tried everything you did too

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana