What does HBoot 1.58.0000 with S-OFF RL mean?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
wait, quick question. when you go into hboot, is it trying to load it from there, or do you have to choose fastboot then it starts the install?

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Fastboot IS off, double checked. When it boots into HBoot, it doesn't even give me a chance to click down to recovery it just starts scrolling in green saying stuff like image not found, once it said wrong image. I think, goes by fast then asks if I want to update, I tell it yes, it says unzipping, not to power down, a few seconds later it says done, to press power to reboot, and notthing is different. It doesn't want to boot into recovery.

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if I put the zip in the "Android" folder, I CAN boot into recovery. Then I choose the zip from the Android folder it says
Added /sdcard/Android/PG86IMG.zip
--no md5 file found. ignoring
--install /sdcard/Android/PG86IMG.zip....
finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(bad)

Install from sdcard complete

Does this help?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
then try it the other way. I know the file I gave you is right, the img file is in there. The only other thing I can even think of is an incompatibility.

We are gonna go a different route. After you try it the other way and it fails, download this file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789768/PG86IMG.zip and run it in fastboot. That is a stock, rooted , ICS rom. We will worry about recovery right after that is installed and make our life easier.

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, clicking on Fastboot didn't get me anything, but I clicked recovery, selected the zip and flashed it. Still got the no image, wrong image when it first went into HBoot, but then I could get to recovery. On flashing it, it said E: Badd boot message
"TIME"
Added /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
---verify md5 for /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
--no md5 file found, ignoring
--install /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
Finding update package....
Opening update package....
Installing update....

Install from sdcard complete.

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
yepper, but booted, I dont' see anything different. After it finished that, I choose reboot, it's the same system, at least I havent found anything different.

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It can't find the image in fastboot, or it thinks it's the wrong image. I think my phone has an identity crisis.......:-X ...
I swear it's a 3D, it says it's 3D when it boots, and it has the 3D switch on the side.....

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've got to hang it up for the night......I'm so sorry, I just don't know what is going wrong here! I know USB debugging is checked, and fastboot is unchecked. I don't think it's the SD card, I know it says unlocked in pink, and says S-Off, so I am not sure what else to check. You get halo, angel wings and harp. You've wife has you pegged WAY wrong!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I do to, but I have some ideas for next time and what could be wrong. Are you familiar with adb? If not that is ok

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have abd & fastboot in the same directory in sdk/ platform-tools. At least that's where I think it is, off the top of my head. I'm not at home, but I know I had to have abd & fastboot in the same directory to flash the unlock code from HTC. They didn't tell on directions u also had to make sym links to /usr/bin, but finally found the answer so did that & then was able to get my read out and submit it & got my unlock code & flashed it. So I know twice abd & fastboot worked correctly:'(

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If your booting into recovery then you have it installed, now you need to remove or rename the PG86IMG off your sdcard or you will not be able to boot into recovery from the Hboot screen because it will keep parsing the the PG86IMG

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
then try it the other way. I know the file I gave you is right, the img file is in there. The only other thing I can even think of is an incompatibility.

We are gonna go a different route. After you try it the other way and it fails, download this file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789768/PG86IMG.zip and run it in fastboot. That is a stock, rooted , ICS rom. We will worry about recovery right after that is installed and make our life easier.

This is a recovery , not a rom

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock rooted rom that i stripped a bunch of unneeded apps, if you would like to give it a go i will post a link as soon as its done uploading

PewDiePie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock rooted rom that i stripped a bunch of unneeded apps, if you would like to give it a go i will post a link as soon as its done uploading
Srry savvy for posting this here but BENNNY i need chu man can u help with un brinking my fone got to my thread

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
HOLY Recovery Image BATBENNY3! :D I think we DID it PiizaDude! I'm so SO sorry my ignorance caused so much trouble. It never looked like it worked, but I THINK maybe it did. I did as you said, took the PG86IMG.zip off the SD card, booted into fastboot and it still does the scrolling thing, and says no image or wrong image (I guess it can't decide which and wants to cover all the bases). But I did select Recovery, I get the TeamWin logo and choices of install zip, Nandroid menu, wipe menu, advanced menu, mount menu, USB storage toggle, Reboot system now and Power down. I'm pretty sure from reading I need to do a nandroid back up, so I picked that (it still gives an infuriating message toward the lower part of the screen E:Bad boot message "TIME") perhaps it just telling me it knows it's giving me a bad time. I chose system, data & boot to be backed up (the default choices). AND it DID it! Backed up to my SD card! I have just done my first nandroid back up! So I now have a unlocked, S-OFF, nandroid backed up EVO 3D. Benny3, I'm downloading the ROM now! This phone is getting perilously close to being activated! Thank you both SO much! So after I get the custom ROM on, will I be able to delete any apps I don't want? Although it sounds like you already took a bunch of them out Benny3. 69%, COME ON KGET, download that thing! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress