Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default BMW bluetooth problems

    Anyone else having issues with their contacts coming down to the car? The phone and car will sync but after waiting a while the contacts won't be in the car. Never had an issue with the EVO 4G it's also not a problem with my Alpine stereo in another car. I'm thinking it's just an issue HTC needs to release a fix for. Just curious if there's anyone NOT having a problem with a stock BMW stereo?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I don't have a BMW, but I have successfully uploaded my contacts over bluetooth with my 3 year old Pioneer navigation unit that I have in my car.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I have no problem syncing to BMW I-drive. I just wish it would show the contacts as last name first like my touch pro 2 did.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    My phonebook downloads fine to Ford Sync, however the phone does ask me for permission before allowing the car to download it. I told it yes and to remember my setting. If you're not paying attention to the phone you could easily miss the notification.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    hey wernd, I was having the same problem getting my contacts to load in my BMW using my htc incredible. I searched around and someone mentioned downloading the "bluetooth file transfer" app from the market. I gave it a try and it fixed the problem, the contacts loaded and everything is working. hope this helps you.
    Thanked by:
    wernd 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I have a 2010 535iGT and had a similar problem. I found after some trial and error that if you are in the car and then turn on the bluetooth on the phone, sometimes the contact list sync hangs up. If you have the bluetooth on the phone turned on before getting in and starting the car, it seems to connect and sync just fine as soon as you start the vehicle. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    wernd 
  7. #7  
    chad783's Avatar

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Quote Originally Posted by nextelfixer View Post
    I have a 2010 535iGT and had a similar problem. I found after some trial and error that if you are in the car and then turn on the bluetooth on the phone, sometimes the contact list sync hangs up. If you have the bluetooth on the phone turned on before getting in and starting the car, it seems to connect and sync just fine as soon as you start the vehicle. Hope this helps.
    I have a 2011 Kia Optima SX and the contacts sync has also been hanging up as well. There is also times where after I turn off the car, the bluetooth says it is still connected to the car. Even sometime hours after the car is off. When I get in the car, it says it is connect but never is.

    Does the bluetooth hang up immediately after you car turns off or does it still show connected???
  8. #8  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Hmm, I'll have to try my Mazda. My Nexus One didn't do the contacts but I haven't tried again since getting the 3D
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Thanks for the help guys. Tried the Bluetooth file transfer and some other things but nothing seems to be working. It will connect to the point of using the car for audio but the contacts won't go to the car. My wife's car has I-drive and I'm having the same issue. I have another car with an Alpine head unit and that works just fine. I can browse contacts etc...not sure what to do other than hope for a fix from Sprint for this and other things. Like I said, thanks for the help though
  10. #10  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wernd View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their contacts coming down to the car? The phone and car will sync but after waiting a while the contacts won't be in the car. Never had an issue with the EVO 4G it's also not a problem with my Alpine stereo in another car. I'm thinking it's just an issue HTC needs to release a fix for. Just curious if there's anyone NOT having a problem with a stock BMW stereo?
    I'm having the same issue with my EVO 3D and my 2006 BMW 325i. Pairs fine for audio, but contacts do not transfer. Never had this issue with my original EVO 4G. Let me know if you find a fix.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Will do
  12. #12  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    06' M5, same problem as OP. Bookmarking this page and hoping for the best.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Tried what poster number 8 had success with in here:



    "Success!!! I exported the .pcf file to the sd card on the phone, downloaded astro and then sent the pcf file to the truck via astro and VOILA!!! I now have my address book synched. Now I need to delete some of the contacts!!!"

    Didn't work for me. Both Astro and Bluetooth File Transfer gave me the error message "Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

    Doesn't make sense though, as the contacts transferred over perfectly on the EVO 4G.
  14. #14  
    EmM HoLLa's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzird View Post
    Tried what poster number 8 had success with in here:



    "Success!!! I exported the .pcf file to the sd card on the phone, downloaded astro and then sent the pcf file to the truck via astro and VOILA!!! I now have my address book synched. Now I need to delete some of the contacts!!!"

    Didn't work for me. Both Astro and Bluetooth File Transfer gave me the error message "Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

    Doesn't make sense though, as the contacts transferred over perfectly on the EVO 4G.
    06 6 Series.. I had the same issue.. My issue happened with my EVO 4G AFTER i upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread.. I am beyond upset at this.. Since I specifically switched from The Epic to the Evo so that I could have the bluetooth sync with the BMW iDrive. I suspect whatever issue we all are seeing with our Evo's whether it be the 3D or 4G it is directly related to Gingerbread. I hope the folks over at Google can fix this.. If not I will be ditching my Evo for an iPhone..
  15. #15  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Quote Originally Posted by EmM HoLLa View Post
    06 6 Series.. I had the same issue.. My issue happened with my EVO 4G AFTER i upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread.. I am beyond upset at this.. Since I specifically switched from The Epic to the Evo so that I could have the bluetooth sync with the BMW iDrive. I suspect whatever issue we all are seeing with our Evo's whether it be the 3D or 4G it is directly related to Gingerbread. I hope the folks over at Google can fix this.. If not I will be ditching my Evo for an iPhone..
    It's definitely NOT a GB issue. I had GB running on my Evo 4G and contacts synced over like a charm to my 2006 5 Series.

    Now that I have this Evo 3D, it doesn't work anymore.

    I called HTC about the problem and they said to return the phone and buy a different model.

    I wish I could.
  16. #16  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I have a broke *** 92 Ford truck; bluetooth never worked.

    My Evo 3D works great, though!
    illwood likes this.
  17. #17  
    EmM HoLLa's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Quote Originally Posted by neo3d View Post
    It's definitely NOT a GB issue. I had GB running on my Evo 4G and contacts synced over like a charm to my 2006 5 Series.

    Now that I have this Evo 3D, it doesn't work anymore.

    I called HTC about the problem and they said to return the phone and buy a different model.

    I wish I could.
    Yes it is.. Let me explain why.. When I upgraded my phone to 2.3 the bluetooth still worked fine. But I noticed my new contacts were not being synced. All contacts that I added after I upgraded did not show up in the contact list. So I thought maybe the phone needed to be reset. So I did a factory reset. Once I did that.. None of my contacts synced anymore. It seems that all the contacts that you got to sync prior to the upgrade to 2.3 will continue to sync but anything that gets added afterward will not be synced with the iDrive and if you do a hard reset. No contacts will sync..
  18. #18  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Ok, here is what I found out about the HTC Evo Shift phone and the address book no longer appearing on my 2007 BMW 525i. Calls to HTC have been unproductive. Basically they say that the new system is likely not compatible with the older versions of bluetooth. They encourage me to contact BMW or to find a bluetooth app that might solve the problem. I have downloaded several apps that claim to fix bluetooth problems and again there were not successful. Continued searching resulted in this article:

    Update for communication and entertainment (found on the official BMW site).

    Finally some definitive results. Basically, it says that BMW has a software update to address compatibility of new bluetooth devices. I brought a printout of this article to my local BMW dealer. They confirmed that such an update exists and it will likely solve my problem (but no guarantees). Anyway, the software update service is about $150 and I am scheduled to have it done later this week. The update will change the 2006 version to 2011 and allow newer compatible devices to work. BMW posts bluetooth compatible phones on their site. By the way, for newer BMW's with a USB port, this update can be done by the owner at no cost. Also, this update will bring the rest of the car's systems up-to-date. Anyway, I'll post a further update later this week. Here is hoping.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Hate to bring up an old topic, but this seems phone related.

    I had Gingerbread running on my Nexus One, and had no problems with phonebook syncing to my 2006 BMW (non i-drive model). Now with my HTC Sensation on Gingerbread, I only get AUDIO, but no contact syncing.

    I'm beginning to think it might have something to do with the SENSE interface on some HTC phones. My Nexus One ran AOSP Gingerbread, and it worked fine.. My Sensation runs Gingerbread + Sense, and it won't sync!!

    What gives??!
  20. #20  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    No luck after the BMW bluetooth update. Guess I'll ditch the EVO for an i-phone.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I tried everything to try to get my contacts in my EVO 4G to show up in my 2007 530 w/IDrive. The phone was up to date with OTA upgrades running Android 2.2.3. Nothing that I tried worked. I had a Blackberry Curve before the EVO and the Blackberry interfaced flawlessly with the IDrive.

    I came to the same conclusion that one poster here reached. He asserted, "There's nothing wrong with the car." From the comments I read online however, I concluded that there is apparently something wrong with Bluetooth in 2.3.3.

    A coworker had rooted an identical phone so I had him sit in the car and try to pair his phone. Viola! He was watching the display and said, "Hey! Those are my contacts!"

    Now both of us run Cyanogen 2.3.7. My BMW experience is back to normal, and my faith in BMW and technology is restored.

    This is my first post, and they won't let me post a link per se, but you can figure it out from here:

    cyanogenmod.com/devices/htc-evo

    The instructions are straightforward, but if you haven't rooted a phone before, it can seem pretty scary, so I suggest you try to get someone to help you. There's a pretty mature community out there.

    Hope this helps anyone who is a fan of BMW and Android.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    now i have a
    bmw x3 2005 and a samsung galaxy s2
    and had the same problem pairing my phone and car - it paired but the address book wouldn't sync.
    I have a soultion that seems to work....
    install the app "bluetooth file transfer"..
    next export your phonebook contacts to the Sd card (as a .vcf file)
    unpair your car and phone
    re-pair using the manual, and the pin code given with the bmw documentation
    AS SOON as the re-pair is done, go into the bluetooth file transfer tool, find you vcf file, and
    select it, then from the drop down menu select "send contacts"
    Select all, and "Send as single"

    Job done... all sorted - all contacts now displayed in the car's bluetooth system, and I'm one happy man.

    I hope it works for others...
    Cheers
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    Didn't work for me, may try again tomorrow
  24. #24  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    "Bluetooth file transfer" Did not work for me either. I have 2005 BMW 645 and 2007 BMW X5. Failed to upload my address book to both. I got the same error message: ""Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

    Sprint told me back in December that I could downgrade to Froyo if I like. However, their local store told me that capability no longer exist and I am stuck with my phone until my plan expires. I called Sprint again and they confirmed they no longer have the capability to reset me back to Froyo as this update was really pushed by HTC not them.

    Has anyone tried anything else that worked or we really have to switch to ICS/iPhone in order to sync up our car and phone address book?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: BMW bluetooth problems

    I have an EVO 3D which paired fine with my 2004 545i but would not download the contact list. I have tried every suggestion listed in the many forums I've researched and found only one solution that worked. Root your phone and load the CyanogenMod 7.1 ROM. Contacts were transferred shortly after pairing and updated after creating or modifying a contact. Plus you can get rid of the Andriod worthless app bloat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B