BMW bluetooth problems

tmcsys

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything to try to get my contacts in my EVO 4G to show up in my 2007 530 w/IDrive. The phone was up to date with OTA upgrades running Android 2.2.3. Nothing that I tried worked. I had a Blackberry Curve before the EVO and the Blackberry interfaced flawlessly with the IDrive.

I came to the same conclusion that one poster here reached. He asserted, "There's nothing wrong with the car." From the comments I read online however, I concluded that there is apparently something wrong with Bluetooth in 2.3.3.

A coworker had rooted an identical phone so I had him sit in the car and try to pair his phone. Viola! He was watching the display and said, "Hey! Those are my contacts!"

Now both of us run Cyanogen 2.3.7. My BMW experience is back to normal, and my faith in BMW and technology is restored.

This is my first post, and they won't let me post a link per se, but you can figure it out from here:

cyanogenmod.com/devices/htc-evo

The instructions are straightforward, but if you haven't rooted a phone before, it can seem pretty scary, so I suggest you try to get someone to help you. There's a pretty mature community out there.

Hope this helps anyone who is a fan of BMW and Android.

dans1972

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
now i have a
bmw x3 2005 and a samsung galaxy s2
and had the same problem pairing my phone and car - it paired but the address book wouldn't sync.
I have a soultion that seems to work....
install the app "bluetooth file transfer"..
next export your phonebook contacts to the Sd card (as a .vcf file)
unpair your car and phone
re-pair using the manual, and the pin code given with the bmw documentation
AS SOON as the re-pair is done, go into the bluetooth file transfer tool, find you vcf file, and
select it, then from the drop down menu select "send contacts"
Select all, and "Send as single"

Job done... all sorted - all contacts now displayed in the car's bluetooth system, and I'm one happy man.

I hope it works for others...
Cheers
:)

akhavanr

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
"Bluetooth file transfer" Did not work for me either. I have 2005 BMW 645 and 2007 BMW X5. Failed to upload my address book to both. I got the same error message: ""Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

Sprint told me back in December that I could downgrade to Froyo if I like. However, their local store told me that capability no longer exist and I am stuck with my phone until my plan expires. I called Sprint again and they confirmed they no longer have the capability to reset me back to Froyo as this update was really pushed by HTC not them.

Has anyone tried anything else that worked or we really have to switch to ICS/iPhone in order to sync up our car and phone address book?

dzlxic

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an EVO 3D which paired fine with my 2004 545i but would not download the contact list. I have tried every suggestion listed in the many forums I've researched and found only one solution that worked. Root your phone and load the CyanogenMod 7.1 ROM. Contacts were transferred shortly after pairing and updated after creating or modifying a contact. Plus you can get rid of the Andriod worthless app bloat.

woopy

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Incredible 2 and a 2006 BMW 325. For some reason my outgoing bluetooth has stopped working. I can receive a call, and If i dial from my phone the bluetooth engages. However, I can't use the voice dial from the steering wheel. Everything was fine up until a week ago. Anyone have an idea?

canada2

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
here is the solution to the bluetooth / phone related contacts sync issue....simply delete any contacts saved to the phones sim and you should be able to see all your contact .......save future contact to the phone mem....

canada2

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their contacts coming down to the car? The phone and car will sync but after waiting a while the contacts won't be in the car. Never had an issue with the EVO 4G it's also not a problem with my Alpine stereo in another car. I'm thinking it's just an issue HTC needs to release a fix for. Just curious if there's anyone NOT having a problem with a stock BMW stereo?

here is the solution to the bluetooth / phone related contacts sync issue....simply delete any contacts saved to the phones sim and you should be able to see all your contacts .......save future contact to the phone mem....

jim porter

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried downloading the bluetooth file transfer and dont know what to do with it after i download it. still have the same problem with my HTC incredible 2. will pair but not download contacts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjustink1984