Juice Defender settings

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got juice defender ultimate, and am trying to figure out which settings would work best for me. I have an exchange email and a gmail account that I absolutely need to get pushed to my phone ATT all times. If I let juice defender control my mobile data and WiFi, would it stop things from being pushed to my phone? What are the most aggressive settings I can have while still having things instantly pushed to my phone?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest dropping juice defender and installing superpower beta. IMO its a better app with less battery drain.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest dropping juice defender and installing superpower beta. IMO its a better app with less battery drain.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Does it have better radio management, especially turning them back on? My biggest issue with JD is that the radios lag when I turn on the phone, making some apps hesitate or stall.

BlakeDW

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does it have better radio management, especially turning them back on? My biggest issue with JD is that the radios lag when I turn on the phone, making some apps hesitate or stall.

There is a setting in JD that does not activate the radio back on until you unlock. If you turn that setting off, it should speed up how quickly the radio reconnects.

I don't know about superpower beta, but I do know that JD has proven itself. I'm always open to new better options if there is something out there. Has anyone run tests with data?

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had great results with juice defender. However it is probably largely due to my office being in a poor reception area, so turning off the radios makes a huge difference. Overall the 3d battery is significantly better the 4g even without JD. Unfortunately for the original poster, I doubt JD will work, as push e-mail requires the radios to be on with the screen off which is the opposite of what JD does.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have juice defender set on its default, balanced setting. It turns of radios as it should. However, every time I wake up my phone from a 30 minute or longer nap, I have to manually turn my WiFi off and on again to get the internet.

Would the apps that solo suggested fix this or am I missing a setting some
where in the juice defender?

Thanks again

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have juice defender set on its default, balanced setting. It turns of radios as it should. However, every time I wake up my phone from a 30 minute or longer nap, I have to manually turn my WiFi off and on again to get the internet.

Would the apps that solo suggested fix this or am I missing a setting some
where in the juice defender?

Thanks again

Have mine set to extreme and configure apps as I choose. When I wake my phone i have to wait 3 seconds tops for my wifi to come back on. I never have to turn it off then back on.

EVO - LUTION 3D

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Have mine set to extreme and configure apps as I choose. When I wake my phone i have to wait 3 seconds tops for my wifi to come back on. I never have to turn it off then back on.

EVO - LUTION 3D
Do you need to have the upgraded/paid verson to use extreme? I tried this last night and it said i needed to upgrade. Would you suggest using one of their defaults or customizing? It was a little confusing to me when i first looked at it and downloaded it last night so i might look into it further later today.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to have the upgraded/paid verson to use extreme? I tried this last night and it said i needed to upgrade. Would you suggest using one of their defaults or customizing? It was a little confusing to me when i first looked at it and downloaded it last night so i might look into it further later today.

I know there are a few versions, i have jd plus, cost 1.99. Again, I use extreme and i set each app as I go. I don't know about any other settings, i have only used it this way.

EVO - LUTION 3D

jakrell

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got the EVO 3D and I have tried this and Battery Dr. They both seem to be worthless and do nothing more then adjust settings which I can do myself. Am I missing something else? I see no improvement with either app and I can figure out the settings myself.

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got the EVO 3D and I have tried this and Battery Dr. They both seem to be worthless and do nothing more then adjust settings which I can do myself. Am I missing something else? I see no improvement with either app and I can figure out the settings myself.

The point is that they automate processes instead of making you manually make changes. Turning on and off the radios every 15 or 30 min could become tiresome. Now, whether these translate into meaningful battery life changes is another question.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The point is that they automate processes instead of making you manually make changes. Turning on and off the radios every 15 or 30 min could become tiresome. Now, whether these translate into meaningful battery life changes is another question.

Unplugged at 9 this morning and this evening at like 5 I think it was i was still at 71 percent with moderate use all day. If juice defender is doing nothing for you then you are not using it right. I speak of poster who said it did nothing for them.

EVO-LUTION 3D

jakrell

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. I tried both for a few days and played with the settings and just didn't see any difference. I have read some debates on whether you should even use this or ATK with Gingerbread and this phone. Trying to figure it all out.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That makes sense. I tried both for a few days and played with the settings and just didn't see any difference. I have read some debates on whether you should even use this or ATK with Gingerbread and this phone. Trying to figure it all out.

I turned off my atk with ginger bread and instantly got better battery life. Someone else in this thread posted this so i tried it and she was right. My battery was worst with it on.

EVO-LUTION 3D

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I turned off my atk with ginger bread and instantly got better battery life. Someone else in this thread posted this so i tried it and she was right. My battery was worst with it on.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Juice defenders isn't really an ATK, it's an automated radio manager, for the most part.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk