5 mp photo only 900KB?

mmtbb

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a 5 MP picture should be around 3 MB. All of mine at full resolution (not wide screen) are only 900KB, and low quality. Is there a setting I am missing?

planet_x

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a 5 MP picture should be around 3 MB. All of mine at full resolution (not wide screen) are only 900KB, and low quality. Is there a setting I am missing?
I don't think so, thye are compressing quite a bit and should give us the option to reduce the compression used and even add RAW mode to truly allow better photos.

My guess is they are compressing to preserve space on the SD card....but who knows why they compress the crap out the pics...

mmtbb

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok you guys, i've been doing research. I downloaded an app that allows you to see all the settings of your phone. My evo 3d is set to 85% quality. Also, my phone supports JPeg AND RAW. Crazy, huh. I now just need to figure out how to change these settings, and I may have a great camera. I'll get back when I figure it out.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Try Vignette. On my Evo 4G the images were almost always better when using that app. Less compressed, sharper, better colors.

mmtbb

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I used a program that allowed me to turn the setting to superfine (100 quality). My picture is now 2.7mb

I wonder why HTC took out the quality setting on the EVO 3D?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard of an app that can change settings like that in a non-root phone? This almost sounds too good to be true...

mmtbb

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry,
What I meant was, a camera app. I spent many hours downloading about every camera app in the market. The few I have found that allow you to control the quality. You just need to change the setting:

Camera ZOOM FX
Camera Advance
Vignette
PRO Paint Cam and its upgrade

I am testing a few more right now and will post as I go. I hope this helps everyone. I would say the majorty of users have no idea that HTC has stuck the quality to 85% for the EVO 3D. That means more pixelation, size etc. The EVO 4G allowed you to adjust the quality %.

Last edited:

planet_x

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry,
What I meant was, a camera app. I spent many hours downloading about every camera app in the market. The few I have found that allow you to control the quality. You just need to change the setting:

Camera ZOOM FX
Camera Advance
Vignette

I am testing a few more right now and will post as I go. I hope this helps everyone. I would say the majorty of users have no idea that HTC has stuck the quality to 85% for the EVO 3D. That means more pixelation, size etc. The EVO 4G allowed you to adjust the quality %.
Thanks for the info...

I Imagine that we will see a major update about the time they give us root for this phone...

just speculation on my part but i still see them pushing a lot of fixes out for little things like this

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry,

Camera ZOOM FX
Camera Advance
Vignette

Ah, that makes sense. The stock HTC camera app has no tweak settings for that. Let us know if you see better pics and which app is best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana