signal issues.. and holding the phone the wrong way..

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted or if its just my phone.

But I have noticed 100% that if i touch by the Mic and slit to pull the back off on the bottom of the phone while I hold it the signal strength instantly drops. When I let go the signal strength goes right back up.

Give it a try, just cover the whole bottom with your thumb and watch the signal strength, let go and watch it go up.

I usually cover the bottom of the phone when i am laying in bed or on the couch

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope. No issues here but honestly so what if the signal drops. Are your calls actually dropping when your holding it like this? 3G/4G cutting out? If not then I wouldn't sweat it.

The iPhone suffered from this and now all smartphones are subject to this? Unless calls are immediately dropping you don't have an issue.

killtime

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens on my phone. I normally have a poor signal in my house so it's very easy to notice. In fact if I keep my hand completely away from the bottom of the phone and hold it in landscape orientation and point the bottom of the phone towards my window my signal strength goes from 1 bar to 3 or -99 or higher dbm down to -89.

So does this mean the antenna is located at the bottom of the phone? As far as I know it's normal for signal strength to drop when you hold a phone near it's antenna. I'm just used to assuming that they ar near the top of the phone and not the bottom.

In any case, thanks for pointing this out. I can now improve the ****ty signal I get in my bedroom by pointing the bottom of my phone towards my window.

planet_x

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens on my phone. I normally have a poor signal in my house so it's very easy to notice. In fact if I keep my hand completely away from the bottom of the phone and hold it in landscape orientation and point the bottom of the phone towards my window my signal strength goes from 1 bar to 3 or -99 or higher dbm down to -89.

So does this mean the antenna is located at the bottom of the phone? As far as I know it's normal for signal strength to drop when you hold a phone near it's antenna. I'm just used to assuming that they ar near the top of the phone and not the bottom.

In any case, thanks for pointing this out. I can now improve the ****ty signal I get in my bedroom by pointing the bottom of my phone towards my window.
Not seeing it...no matter how i grip my phone i dont see signal loss or decrease of any kind

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
it could depend how strong the signal is to begin with. as the 1 replier said, i already get poor signal with or without the grip.. but it goes down to worse with the grip..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch