Some Widgets Causing Screen "Distortion"?

sundevil98

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching, but I may have the term I'm searching for wrong...

Does anyone else have problems with some widgets causing "distortion" on their screen? By distortion, I mean that there are some bands of miscolored pixels. (If anyone can tell me how to do a screen grab, I can try to get one).

This doesn't seem to be a problem with the phone, as it really only happens with a few widgets. The ones where I've seen it happening with is Executive Assistant, Touch Calendar, and one or two others (that I'm not using right now, so I forget). The problem seems to go away when I swipe from one home screen to another, but if I come back, the distortion may show up again. Likewise, if I restart the phone, it will go away temporarily, but will come back. If I move the widget from one screen to another, the distortion will go with it. If I delete the widget from the home screen all together, the distortion goes away. So, like I said, it seems to be a problem with the widget and not my phone.

But, just curious if anyone else if having this issue?

vandy56

May 27, 2011
Visit site
A couple times with CNN and once with News360 and Twitter. But each time it was resolved with deleting the widget or restarting

Chuck_IV

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
This was mentioned a little ways back in another thread here. I was wondering if it was being caused by the downloadable HTC widgets(like "Today in History", not the ones that come preinstalled on the phone). Now, what I mean is the banding can happen on ANY widget(not just the HTC ones), but it only happens if you have one of the downloadable HTC widgets on one of your 5 pages.

The reason I say this is that I never had this issue until I added the HTC "Today in History" widget to one of my screens. I now get occasional banding that requires me to remove the widget from the screen and add it back. I have tried testing this for a couple days by removing the HTC "Today in History" widget and did not see any banding, but then again, I have also gone up to a week at times, without banding when I DO have the HTC "Today in History" widget on one of my screens. SO this may or may not have something to do with it.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue yesterday afternoon on my Pandora and Plume widgets, but I don't have any downloaded HTC Widgets on my screens. Just Music, Calculator, and Weather.

A reboot fixed it, and it hasn't happened since.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same crap going on with my Android Market widget, my Business Calendar widget, my Bank of America widget ... It gets annoying that no one has address and fixed this issue.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same crap going on with my Android Market widget, my Business Calendar widget, my Bank of America widget ... It gets annoying that no one has address and fixed this issue.
Add me to the list of those with issues. I have seen it on Weather Bug widget and most recently Pandora.

I was tempted to take my phone into Sprint to see if there was some sort of hardware problem with it, but it sounds like it is a more widespread issue.

sundevil98

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's good to know I'm not the only one.

I suspected it was a software glitch. Pandora and Bank of America were doing it for me as well (those were the ones I had removed).

Is there anywhere that we can submit issues like this that will get looked into?

mjsmiley

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have this too on a couple widgets. I read that it is because the widget is not set up for qHD resolution and the phone just glitches on it at some point. Supposedly you need to harp on the developer to update to suport qHD resolutions.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its a known issue with HTC Sense 3.0 They are going to try to address it with a future update as well as dissaperaing apps and icons dissapearing.

dkmrules

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue with the translator, shazam, beyondpod, and pulse widgets. When I deleted them from the homescreen I couldn't find them again in the widgets section. They're just gone! What can I do?

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the distortion with the Power Control Widget. I remove it and put it back the distortion went away. I prefer the individual control widgets for 4G, BT, Wifi, and GPS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress