mid text typing, thread skips to the beginning of thread

dwightschrute

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem when they are typing a text message that the phone will jump to the beginning of a text thread and you will have to scroll back down or back out completely of the messaging function and all your text that you were inputting, is gone? I'm a Noob, so any help is appreciated!

LamaFc

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem when they are typing a text message that the phone will jump to the beginning of a text thread and you will have to scroll back down or back out completely of the messaging function and all your text that you were inputting, is gone? I'm a Noob, so any help is appreciated!

Sadly there is no fix for the native texting problems...yet. You are far from alone in this problem however. This bug has annoyed every user of any Evo device (not too sure if this true for the Evo Design).The bug has been acknowleged by both Sprint and HTC and a fix is supposed to be on the way but it has been a long time since and I wouldn't hold your breath as we might get ICS before we get a fix. If I may, I might suggest a couple of temporary solutions.

1. The easiest fix would be to download an app to handle all of your texting as in Handcent SMS or GO SMS from the marketplace. This will not only get rid of that annoying jump-to-top problem but you can also customize your texting to the nines.

2. The next suggestion requires a bit more tech knowlege (and risk) but is far more rewarding and.truley unleashes the raw power of your phone. Root it! Get rid of HTC Sense and rplace it with a rom like Cyanogenmod 7. It isn't easy but it's not too hard either. If this is the route you choose I would first recommend lots of forums (Android Central, XDA, Cyanogen Forums, ect.) and lots of YouTube time. You will want to know all you can about rooting your Evo 3D before committing to it as you can brick (aka... turn your phone into a papper wieght)your phone.

I hope this helps you and any Evo line user who reads this. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This has been a known bug for a while now. Not sure why they haven't fix it yet. I hate it too but i like the stock messaging app. Maybe when 4.0 comes out they will fix it. Lol oh well I still enjoy my phone for the most part!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I find it only happens to me when I'm typing, then receive a text from the person I'm in the middle of sending a message to

Mr. BoJangles...

You are correct! That happens too. A lot of us are finding if you type really fast in the stock messaging app then it jumps to the top of the thread. Sometimes it goes right back down. For the most part it doesn't do it often. Just when it does its annoying! :p If we change from the stock messaging app then it doesn't ever happen. I for one like the stock app so I am willing to deal with it for now!

BTW I like the name! Great forums name lol. Made me laugh and I don't know why! :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo