Phone takes forever to get to 100%

darkmannc

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I had this EVO 3d since July, and a month after i got it...it get to 99% and the orange light will be on, then it takes about 4 hours to get to 100%. Any idea on why it does that?

Dingle1911

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
My Seidio battery is the same way. When I called tech support because it was dying quickly they said I needed to condition the battery by letting it die then charging to 100% multiple times. Seidio said this happens because phone batteries are often charged in steps without full charges or discharges.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's from a dying battery. I just got my 3D this week and noticed that it never gets to 100%. But I still get excellent battery life...compared to the Evo 4G.

It might have something do with HTC not letting the battery charge all the way on the Evo 4G. It only charged to 90%, that's why there were SBC roms. I'm really bad at explaining this. :p.

iskandarmuda77

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
As far as i know, this is actually normal. It will change at full voltage for about an hour plus until 95%, and then trickle charge slowly to 100%, which takes about an hour plus as well. This helps prolong battery life.

At 100%, if you leave it plugged in, it will drain down to 95% before topping up to 100% again. During this time, the LED remains green.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 3D. Is it supposed to do that? If not what can we do to fix it? Should I drain the battery all the way down or what? The battery life on my 3D is way better than the EVO 4G but I'm just curious as what to do about the battery not charging to 100%.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 3D. Is it supposed to do that? If not what can we do to fix it? Should I drain the battery all the way down or what? The battery life on my 3D is way better than the EVO 4G but I'm just curious as what to do about the battery not charging to 100%.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

It charges to 100% and then drops to about 95% and then charges to 100%. This is the new normal, it gives you longer battery life, more charge/discharge cycles. Don't worry be happy there's nothing to fix. Enjoy your badazz phone!! :D

Reactions: weston87

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My Seidio battery is the same way. When I called tech support because it was dying quickly they said I needed to condition the battery by letting it die then charging to 100% multiple times. Seidio said this happens because phone batteries are often charged in steps without full charges or discharges.

Well you don't want the battery to die, just let it get so low that the phone turns off. If a battery gets down to total zero, then it would stop working altogether. So charge the batter to as close to 100% as possible, then use the phone until it turns off. Then charge it again to 100%, then discharge. Do this a bunch of times and that will condition the battery.

I wouldn't worry too much though about your battery life taking a while to get up to 100%, because that figure is just a rough estimate of how much life your battery has. But if your really worried, try a replacement battery or try a different charger. I bought an extended battery on Ebay for less then $15 and it works great. The battery doesn't have a temperature sensor, but that is okay with me.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -