Screen glitchy-ordered replacement-backordered...

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

My EVO3D's screen was glitching out, non-responsive, typing by itself, yada yada... I took it to Sprint, they played with it and decided it was too far gone and they would order me a new one. Turns out, the phone is backordered, with no ETA when they placed the order.

Since Sprint has End of Life'd the EVO3D, any idea if it will be backordered forever? And if this is the case, what does Sprint do as far as replacing my phone? I'd imagine, since it's still under warranty, I'd get a comparable phone?

Still waiting to hear from Sprint, so I figured I'd kill time by asking you fine people! :)

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I was actually about to same the same thing.

My digitizer was starting to fail. Specifically when I touch the upper left corner (near the "htc" logo) with any amount of pressure, I would get phantom touches in other places. I brought it to Sprint on Friday. At first the tech told me that he recalibrated it and tested it and it was fine, but I show him when I apply a little pressure I'd get these phantom touches, so he agreed to order me a new one.

He told me they were on backorder, but he said that it should arrive by Wednesday. I assume it's going to be a refurb, but I guess that's to be expected. They are supposed to call me when it's arrives at the store. If I don't hear from Sprint by Friday, then I'm going to call back. If they can't provide me with another Evo 3D, I'm going to see if I can talk them up to a better phone (Evo LTE?).

zambalis

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My brother just had this problem screen phantom touches. Opening apps, typing messages. He took it to sprint yesterday they said they were informed screens were seperating from the board and was a faulty glue system or something like that and ordered a replacement he got a call about two hours ago his phone was set to be here tomorrow or wendsday.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint store called and the new 3D came in. I guess no switch out for the LTE.... oh well! :)

:) It is probably the worst time to hope to get the LTE as a replacement. A lot of people would have traded their 3Ds in, so if anything, they will have a surplus of 3Ds to swap your phone out for.

labunjef

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone started really acting up about a week ago with the phantom touches. I've already had one replaced b/c of the digitizer going out. I took it to the sprint store yesterday and of course they said i would get a replacement but its backordered until Monday. I guess we shall see how it goes and if the refurb actually works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana