*Bragging*I've played with it. Any questions?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What is the chassis made of? Plastic or metal? I think you said it has grippy stuff on the back, but in the vids the rest of the body looks plastic.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Ginger-on-Hero action here!

blahcoolio

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Camera shutter speed?

What is the camera shutter speed? Is it close to the speed of the iphone or is there a big lag? The speed is important. And is it different if it'd 3D or 2D? And how's the button for the shutter?

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
What is the camera shutter speed? Is it close to the speed of the iphone or is there a big lag? The speed is important. And is it different if it'd 3D or 2D? And how's the button for the shutter?

ah, from the video's i've seen you need to hit the camera button twice to take a 3d picture (pretty sure). What i do know (for 2d) for sure though is that HTC has this new system there using on the Evo 3d and Sensation that captures a picture literally instantly. zero lag :) (also i believe that it has continuous auto focus)

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Back Camera

hey how does the two camera piece look in real life. I mean every single picture I've seen of the back in my opinion looks like crap. Is the back better looking in person.

Tarwinia

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
yes
I could be wrong ...some one below me posted the contrary :)
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I think you're right. The video on some site showed it in portrait with 3D on and you could see the parallax effect. You also notice it on other videos in landscape when they move it vertically so I think both orientations work (which might not make much sense for videos but makes lots of sense for pictures).

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
if you dont like it in the picture you wont like it in real life...its a bit obtrusive imo

thats sucks, I think because of the red outline around the camera in the back in makes the back of the phone extremely ugly. Just my opinion so no trashing please.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
thats sucks, I think because of the red outline around the camera in the back in makes the back of the phone extremely ugly. Just my opinion so no trashing please.

I agree completely. hopefully they will address this before release.
the phone is way too big for a case lol.

Emmexx

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't necessarily say ugly, but definately distinctive. I am not overly fond of the red myself. As I plan on buying this one, I am hoping there will be accessories capable of replacing the back cover. Something with a combination of black/silver/blue would be more to my personal taste.

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've seen in some videos that there is some preloaded 3D content to get a feel of the 3D feature, but did you notice if there were any (or play with any) 3D games on the phone? I know a lot of people think the 3D is just a gimmick, but if it has it, I'd like to be able to use it!

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people think the 3D is just a gimmick, but if it has it, I'd like to be able to use it!

Go try out a Nintendo 3DS. Cool, but yeah it's a gimmick. 3D is the buzzword/catchphrase of the entertainment and visual electronics industry right now. Some people will embrace it. Others will shut it off and never use it. I'll probably fall in the middle. Turn it on sometimes, but leave it off for day to day use.

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've seen in some videos that there is some preloaded 3D content to get a feel of the 3D feature, but did you notice if there were any (or play with any) 3D games on the phone? I know a lot of people think the 3D is just a gimmick, but if it has it, I'd like to be able to use it!

I've heard it will launch with at least 1 3D game, but like Averix said, if you want to know what its like go to a gamestop and play with a 3ds

Reactions: yourfriendmat

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Go try out a Nintendo 3DS. Cool, but yeah it's a gimmick. 3D is the buzzword/catchphrase of the entertainment and visual electronics industry right now. Some people will embrace it. Others will shut it off and never use it. I'll probably fall in the middle. Turn it on sometimes, but leave it off for day to day use.
I'm on the fence about it being a gimmick. I didn't think it would hang on in entertainment in general (it never did before), but I think the handheld world is different. How often do we see the holographic devices projecting full 3D replicas of people in sci-fi movies? You can tell me I'm wrong in 5 years if you want, but I think 3D is gonna stick around this time.

As far as the 3DS, I've played with them a few times, and the effect is quite good. I wasn't impressed with the screen resolution, and I didn't think the graphics were much improvement over the last DS (but it was also just the stupid demo flying game). That's why I was hoping for some pre loaded game like sprinttouch mentioned. I'm also wondering if my backed-up 3D Blu-rays will work on the device (.mkv files and yes I actually own the movies :p)

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about it being a gimmick. I didn't think it would hang on in entertainment in general (it never did before), but I think the handheld world is different. How often do we see the holographic devices projecting full 3D replicas of people in sci-fi movies? You can tell me I'm wrong in 5 years if you want, but I think 3D is gonna stick around this time.

As far as the 3DS, I've played with them a few times, and the effect is quite good. I wasn't impressed with the screen resolution, and I didn't think the graphics were much improvement over the last DS (but it was also just the stupid demo flying game). That's why I was hoping for some pre loaded game like sprinttouch mentioned. I'm also wondering if my backed-up 3D Blu-rays will work on the device (.mkv files and yes I actually own the movies :p)

I read somewhere that it was confirmed you could just throw a 3D movie onto your device and it would play just fine. As for .mkv's specifically i don't know for sure. But ya, i completely agree with you, 3D is here to stay. Like it or not foaks but 3D is the new HD.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that it was confirmed you could just throw a 3D movie onto your device and it would play just fine. As for .mkv's specifically i don't know for sure. But ya, i completely agree with you, 3D is here to stay. Like it or not foaks but 3D is the new HD.

I can confirm the video playback.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38