What would have to happen for you to NOT want the EVO 3D

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
I was just thinking about the Droid X2 (Photon 4G) coming to Sprint soon, and I still remained steadfast in that I wanted the EVO 3D.

What I ask:
1. What phone would have to come out on Sprint (or type of phone, you can create your own) that would make you ditch the EVO 3D.
or
2. What would have to be announced about the EVO 3D to make you second guess your wanting of it (i.e. weak antennas, no 4G, etc.)

For me...
1. If either the Galaxy S II (Within) arrived and it was 4G, or if a souped-up Mazaa came out with the rumored 12MP camera and maybe some 4G thrown in.
2. I really cant think of anything plausible, but if the antennas were faulty or it had terrible camera quality I would probably look elsewhere.

Please respond away...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Even if the Galaxy S2 were to come out at about the same, I still would not get it. It has a great screen and it is a benchmark beast, but I don't like the UI, don't like the lack of qHD, no 3d...among other things that I can't think of right now.

I am not too thrilled with the UI on the current Atrix, and I doubt that Sprint and Moto changed it much for the Photon. On top of that, my guess is that it will come with the Tegra 2 and I don't see too many advantages for the Tegra 2 over the new Snappy. If it's really just a rebadged Droid X2, count me out. The Photon 4G would have to bring something totally mindblowing with it for it to change my mind, like if it had a Tegra 3 or other quad core processor, I might be swayed other than that, Evo3d all the way!

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Decourseyy, why did you return your Nexus? I find it awesome that for such an old device, you would rather deal with the Pre then a premium google phone. It seems like no phone can get in your way of getting the EVO3D. I only ask cause i was thinking of just upgrading to the nexus for the mean time to get a hang of the os and return it in time for the 3d.

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
Even if the Galaxy S2 were to come out at about the same, I still would not get it. It has a great screen and it is a benchmark beast, but I don't like the UI, don't like the lack of qHD, no 3d...among other things that I can't think of right now.

I am not too thrilled with the UI on the current Atrix, and I doubt that Sprint and Moto changed it much for the Photon. On top of that, my guess is that it will come with the Tegra 2 and I don't see too many advantages for the Tegra 2 over the new Snappy. If it's really just a rebadged Droid X2, count me out. The Photon 4G would have to bring something totally mindblowing with it for it to change my mind, like if it had a Tegra 3 or other quad core processor, I might be swayed other than that, Evo3d all the way!

Yeah, I get how the EVO 3D really has nothing on the downside for it. I also hate Samsung TouchWiz :p I feel like if anything, it needed dual 8MP cameras instead of the 5s, but with it being such a media-centered device, I would assume that the Camera(s) are going to preform very well.

Hey Decourseyy, why did you return your Nexus? I find it awesome that for such an old device, you would rather deal with the Pre then a premium google phone. It seems like no phone can get in your way of getting the EVO3D. I only ask cause i was thinking of just upgrading to the nexus for the mean time to get a hang of the os and return it in time for the 3d.

Private message me an I'll explain. I dont want to flood the thread.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
1. If the Samsung Within comes to sprint without a keyboard and has 4g
2. The only thing that would stop me to buy the Evo 3D if it was a brick out of the box haha

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anything could steer me away from the Evo 3D. I've been waiting for a 4.3", dual core, Android phone (preferably HTC) on Sprint for about 6 months. The GSII isn't comming anytime soon (and still i don't think i would take it over the 3D). The Photon (if it exists) probably won't be in stores for a while, and then you have to put up with an encrypted Moto boot loader, and screw that.

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Pre3 with 4g and at $99 well you asked

Throw in a 1GHz processor and a 1500+ mAh Battery and I'm sold.

Sorry guys, It could be a dual-core 1GHz processor and I still wouldn't give HP my money for the Pre3. They really ticked me off, basically leaving me with a device I was under contract for without support. :mad:

But to answer the question(s):
1) If a HTC device were to come to Sprint with specs similar to the Sensation AND a cheaper price :-$

2) If there were signal issues of any kind. It better work well as a phone. I travel alot and get out in the boonies sometimes. It's gotta have a decent range.:)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I heard that it will have the Laptop dock compatibility which would be pretty cool...but if the 3D comes out first that would be my first choice

That laptop dock business on the Atrix was pretty crazy. They pretty much forced you to buy it as a package deal when you bought the phone because it was quite a bit cheaper that way. That's kind of like a pushy car salesman... "I can only do this deal if you take it home with you tonight!", and I don't fly like that.

I personally wouldn't have any use for it really.

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Poor reception, poor camera, dismal battery performance. Those would be killers.

These seem unlikely, as HTC has a pretty good track record for reception. I'm sure that the camera will be sufficient. I thought I saw some reports that battery life is expected to be stellar (at least compared to most current high powered Androids).

Also, if the 3D screen ended up giving people headaches, or something (like some 3D movies do).

SGS2 4G without keyboard would be tempting, though.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Throw in a 1GHz processor and a 1500+ mAh Battery and I'm sold.
Isn't the Pre 3 clocked at 1.2GHz?

I'm waiting for the Nexus 3 or whatever it'll be called. I'm sick of wait for updates and bloat. I'll definitely be very tempted when the 3D comes out.

Anyone else really not care at all about 3D?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The number one feature for me is the camera. If it doesn't perform well, then I'll have to look elsewhere.

If battery life isn't any better than the Evo, I'll have to take my ball and go home.

I can't think of any other reasons to not get the 3D.