MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for Evo 3D

KEVIN88GT

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where to get an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for Evo 3D

so did anyone get any of the cables they ordered? i dont really care about 3d video as I dont have a 3d tv...but i do want to watch movies in HD.... and i'd like the phone to charge simultaneously..

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the one from T-mobile on Sunday and it shipped on Monday, will be here on Friday. It looks like T-mobile bought out Expansys's inventory as the picture of the adapter looks identical to the expansys one. That XDA link above has more info but I'll post my results as soon as I get them.

If you really want an MHL cable now in the US, I think the T-moble one is the only way to go.

edit:

stillhere: I'm pretty sure thats the wrong box, that is for laptops, etc that have drivers to output video through USB, mhl is a different sort of interface. I'd caution anyone against buying that box.

gfurr24

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the one from T-mobile on Sunday and it shipped on Monday, will be here on Friday. It looks like T-mobile bought out Expansys's inventory as the picture of the adapter looks identical to the expansys one. That XDA link above has more info but I'll post my results as soon as I get them.

If you really want an MHL cable now in the US, I think the T-moble one is the only way to go.

edit:

stillhere: I'm pretty sure thats the wrong box, that is for laptops, etc that have drivers to output video through USB, mhl is a different sort of interface. I'd caution anyone against buying that box.
just got one overnighted from T-Mobile! thanks Majestros for the heads up. Looks legit as it was in the HTC Sensation category and the picture clearly shows MHL on the adapter. Should be here on 6/30! Ill follow up when it arrives

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

The cable will work for sure for HD 2D, but it will not work on 3D TV's to watch 3D vids and look at 3D pics, that is my issue. I bought the phone because it stated it would work on a 3D TV, but somehow it doesn't work. Thanks of the link though because they said you can stream 3D through a PS3, so I'll give that a shot. If anyone has a 3D TV and has been able to get the Evo 3D to work with their 3D TV and play vids plus view pics in 3D please let me know.

I read somewhere only "premium" movies would be disabled from being displayed via the cable. Your own personal pics vids etc should work just fine.

bigorange

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I am fairly certain that it is wise to hold out for the media dock and other accessories planned. It is obvious from the location of the port they have other plans for this phone.

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Be aware that the HDMI cable that sprint lists for the EVO 3D in the order system is the type D to type A cable for the EVO 4G. It DOES NOT work with the EVO 3D no matter what the system says.

The MHL adaptor does not show in the Sprint accessories listing for the 3D. I hope they did not order you the wrong cable.

So, I did finally get my order in from Sprint today, and you were right, it's a type D to type A. I'm calling them right now to see what they can do for me.

Last edited:

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

So I got my mhl adapter from t-mobile today. It's bulk packaged with no paperwork of any kind. So far it worked like a charm. I was able to output the ui, netflix, and the green hornet all flawlessly. I'll post some pics of the adapter if I can figure out how.

Images added, taken with the EVO 3D camera.

Last edited:

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got my mhl adapter from t-mobile today. It's bulk packaged with no paperwork of any kind. So far it worked like a charm. I was able to output the ui, netflix, and the green hornet all flawlessly. I'll post some pics of the adapter if I can figure out how.

Images added, taken with the EVO 3D camera.

Any chance you've been able to test it with any emus like fpse or n64oid? I would think it should work but it would be nice to know for sure before droppin the coin :p

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

ssetter1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The cable will work for sure for HD 2D, but it will not work on 3D TV's to watch 3D vids and look at 3D pics, that is my issue. I bought the phone because it stated it would work on a 3D TV, but somehow it doesn't work. Thanks of the link though because they said you can stream 3D through a PS3, so I'll give that a shot. If anyone has a 3D TV and has been able to get the Evo 3D to work with their 3D TV and play vids plus view pics in 3D please let me know.

ssetter1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I've gotten all my 3d videos and pictures to work off my EVO 3d to my Samsung 55in c7100 3d tv using the imedia app on the android market and allshare on my tv working through the WiFi. Works great but still haven't tryd wired.

Reactions: bigorange

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

any MHL that can be purchased through either Sprint or Best Buy?

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

any MHL that can be purchased through either Sprint or Best Buy?

No, the cable is almost non-existent in the US, the only major place to buy it is at T-mobile, you can get it some other places on pre-order. Also, I assumed you checked both of those places as it would take 5 seconds each so you already knew the answer?

Last edited:

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

The MHL cable no longer shows up on T-Mobile either. Guess the adaptor or cable just does not exist on this side of the planet. Shame.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

$40? I'll pass on that for now. It would be nice if they just sold the adapter without the HDMI cable, I have plenty of those laying around. :(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but my cousin ordered the MHL adapter and it actually doesn't come with an HDMI cable.

The $40 price tag is a bit hefty. I was going to purchase it as well, but I'm hoping the official HTC dock comes with one. Because that was priced at $50, and if it doesn't come with one or has one built in, then you're really paying for a piece of plastic.

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but my cousin ordered the MHL adapter and it actually doesn't come with an HDMI cable.

The $40 price tag is a bit hefty. I was going to purchase it as well, but I'm hoping the official HTC dock comes with one. Because that was priced at $50, and if it doesn't come with one or has one built in, then you're really paying for a piece of plastic.

From the description it just sounds like one end connects to your phone, the other end connects to your wall charger cable and an HDMI cable. Basically doing what an MHL capable HDMI port on a tv would do. Most tv's don't support MHL. 40 bucks is a bit pricey.