Sense 3.0 in 3D? Is it possible?

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I am not the only one who was wondering about it. Is it possible with the current specs of the phone for a dev to make a hack/app to the evo 3D to make sense 3.0 3D as well? I think a UI that is 3D would be pretty fun to play with.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
From everything I've read, it's a hardware limitation (3D only works in landscape mode). So, I'd doubt it, because I haven't seen anything in any reviews/videos that shows Sense working in Landscape.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want that....that'll kill your eyes. Besides, when you interact with the screen using your finger, the 3d will really just get in the way.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
True may not be a good idea but it would be fun to just try it out IMO not for long periods of time but just to mess with.

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
why would they limit to landscape only, just seems silly to me.
I would love to at least see the weather animation in 3D. To me I want to see more stuff in 3D.

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
why would they limit to landscape only, just seems silly to me.
I would love to at least see the weather animation in 3D. To me I want to see more stuff in 3D.

It's a hardware limitation. The parallax barrier technology is basically another LCD screen on top of the display (think old calculator type LCD, not HDTV LCD) that is placed in such a way that, when activated, each eye will see different pixels. Since these lines run across the screen the short way, you wouldn't be able to use it if hold the phone in portrait mode. Hope that helps :)

500px-Parallax_barrier_vs_lenticular_screen.svg.png

Parallax barrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: Averix

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can say for a fact after playing with it at Google I/O, the interface is not in 3D. This has come up multiple times and it just is. The 3D effect is pretty much what yourfriendmat points out. Go to Best Buy and play with a Nintendo 3DS if you want to see the effect. Then turn your head to the side so the 3DS screen is vertical and watch what happens to the 3D effect. It goes away, like magic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty