Microsd from evo 4g--saved data?

dragon0978

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellow evomaniacs. Eagerly awaiting my 3d tomm, and already have the microsd card from my EVO 4g waiting and ready for its new device. I have apps, pics, video, etc. So for a semi computer illiterate like me, question is, will the 3d automatically recognize the data from the microsd coming from a 4g with all its existing data, or will I have to transfer the files, wipe the microsd, and somehow reformat it for the new device? Thanks!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Over the course of one year a lot of useless crap from installing and uninstalling apps will gum up your micro sd card. If I were you, copy your music and pictures over to a computer for safe keeping. Put your new bigger card into your new Evo, have the phone format it, install your apps, then transfer pics and music back over. That seems to be the cleanest procedure, and, as a bonus, you will have a backup of that stuff on your computer.

A new install is always better than just moving the contents from your old card to the new one, sticking the new one in and hoping for the best.