Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!

Addonex

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Again, as stated many times before gorilla glass is stratch resistant,, not stratch proof. Sprint reps are training stores on the fact that it can scratch and that spot on the screen thathas the scratch is no longer 3D capable. Not worth the risk.

EVO - LUTION 3D

IMO they are probably just trying to get you to buy the screen protector, I had an Evo 4g w/o case or screen protector since launch and never had any scratches/cracks etc. I dropped it 3 times (all three times on carpet, but nonetheless) and it was fine.

gabato

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I am digging it. I upgraded from the HTC EVO 4G. This is a great improvement. It is fast. I love the new Sense and more internal memory available for apps. The display is clearer but the print is smaller. I miss the navigation arrows at the old Sense (EVO 4G) keyboard.

I was tempted to wait a while longer to see what Sprint might have later this year after I saw the HTC EVO 4G+ on YouTube. I am not a gamer and I do not have a 3D capable TV yet. So, I'll probably use the 3D capability only occasionally as a "look at my phone can do" sort of thing. If Sprint does get the HTC EVO 4G+, I will probably get it and pass the EVO 3D to one of my sons. BUT... That is no reflections on EVO 3D. It is an awesome new and fun phone that as a lot of power.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Everyone must make decisions based on there own experience. Again, I had zagg on my evo for 8 months 4 days before i was getting my 3d I took it off. Don't know how it happened because i am careful to a fault with my phone but there was a little scratch on the screen. I could not believe my eyes. I will never go without one. It can happen, no matter how hard we try accidents happen, no one is perfect.

EVO - LUTION 3D

dbulante

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This is my third Android phone and this is the best phone I've ever used. Fast, responsive, great Sense UI, even better battery life. I may hang on to this phone for a while.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I never had a case or screen protector on my Evo 4g and the screen never scratched and I am very careless with my phone.
Cases and screen protectors take away from phones IMO so I don't use them.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No checkerboards while surfing the web is awesome. This phone is so fast and the 3d does not feel gimicky to me at all it really is a cool feature. I'll be honest I wasn't sure what to expect with the 3d but after using it I'm very happy with it its the same 3d you expect to see on the tv. But take the the 3d away and you're left with a very fast dual core Phone and the extra dispay real estate coming from the iPhone to the EVO is so nice. One thing I have to admit that pisses me off is the lack of the ability to take a screenshot without rooting that seems like something that would have been integrated into android a long time ago imo LOL it really is a nice feature that is missing here but oh well you can have everything haha.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No checkerboards while surfing the web is awesome. This phone is so fast and the 3d does not feel gimicky to me at all it really is a cool feature. I'll be honest I wasn't sure what to expect with the 3d but after using it I'm very happy with it its the same 3d you expect to see on the tv. But take the the 3d away and you're left with a very fast dual core Phone and the extra dispay real estate coming from the iPhone to the EVO is so nice. One thing I have to admit that pisses me off is the lack of the ability to take a screenshot without rooting that seems like something that would have been integrated into android a long time ago imo LOL it really is a nice feature that is missing here but oh well you can have everything haha.

Go get app called no root screen shot,,, once you set it up the first time it is wonderful app.

EVO - LUTION 3D

R

rmoise973

The 3D is not that superior then my EVO 4G. I purchased the 3D at launch day @ 8am and returned it the same day @ 7:30pm. The speed wasn't that noticeable and don't let me get started on the 3D (gimick or what). If it wasn't for the 3D what is actually sparkling the flame for this phone?? Also I know both phones are 4.3" but the 4G screen is wider then the 3D?? I'll use my upgrade for something more deserving.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So far this phone is great. Had it since launch day and have no complaints except for the smaller text issue. Its fast, powerful, sounds great, gets good reception, and better battery life than a stock evo 4g battery. Also the 3D part is a great conversation piece.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Loving this phone so far. The texting keyboards seemed a little un responsive at first but now it is fine. Getting much better battery life with the stock battery on this phone then i did with the stock battery on the og evo.

The 3D features are not the reson i got this phone in the first place, but it is a very nice touch and works quite well actually. But i am loving the updated sense, a working gingerbread on this phone compared to the problems on the OG evo with the gingerbread update, the faster processor and screen. It is awsome and def was worth the upgrade.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The 3D is not that superior then my EVO 4G. I purchased the 3D at launch day @ 8am and returned it the same day @ 7:30pm. The speed wasn't that noticeable and don't let me get started on the 3D (gimick or what). If it wasn't for the 3D what is actually sparkling the flame for this phone?? Also I know both phones are 4.3" but the 4G screen is wider then the 3D?? I'll use my upgrade for something more deserving.

I couldn't disagree more. The speed is the most noticeable improvement. After having the EVO for most of the last year along with most of the hot phones Sprint(for trial periods) had I can say if it's not HTC the over all quality wasn't there.

IMHO, the screen is much better, RAM, did I mention speed, the size for holding in the hand is an improvement and sense 3.0. When you have Android, the phones are very similar. Build quality and developer community for HTC is second to none.

Sure Samsung and Motorola have very nice phones coming out but they never hold up for the long haul. For example, from personal experience, the Droid X and Samsung Epic both nice phones but their updates and developer community aren't there. The software on each is a big drawback to the standard user I have seen both phones struggle with everyday use. The original EVO runs circles around both. I know there are people out there that love those phones but I see more trouble than not when compared to HTC.

Sprint's latest sales pitch is "first". That is why the 3D thing is plastered everywhere. Sure it's gimmicky but it works. If you are buying this for just 3D then you will be disappointed.

I am interest in the Galaxy S2 but only time will tell.

Again this is my opinion and my opinion only.

TheChobbins

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
We have heard from the professionals but I would like to hear from the users who now have 3D in hand their initial thoughts.

If there is a thread like this already please close but I thought it would be neat for those who have 3D in hand to post initial thoughts.
Where can you buy the HTC case that has the kick stand? I've looked all over the web but can't find a site that sells it. Anyone out there know?

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
After EVO 3D released, what do you think?

Made a right choice? Wrong choice? Regret? No regret?

Some of you returned for not liking it for no reason. Why not?

What phone did you switched from EVO 3D to? Why?

I'm been wondering... Oh, I haven't gotten EVO 3D yet. Just considering. I am not that hyper about 3D stuffs (lame in my opinion) but I AM exciting about 3.0 Sense with good RAM. :cool:

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: After EVO 3D released, what do you think?

Aside from the battery life issue I'm having I love this phone. I didn't buy it for the 3D part but the 3D is pretty cool.

I'm glad I got it.

holt43

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Like the phone. Fast, 3D is nice, just need brighter screen (I think would help picture quality) and larger fonts. Still undecided about keeping.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Like the phone. Fast, 3D is nice, just need brighter screen (I think would help picture quality) and larger fonts. Still undecided about keeping.

Brighter screen? I have to turn it down to near-zero inside it's so bright. At full brightness I lit up the room the other day.

SO far I love it. Very quick, responsive, and the battery life is great