So how do the live wallpapers work on the Evo 3d?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I played with an HTC Sensation the other day, after installing the leaves floating in the water live wallpaper, moving back and forth form homescreen to homescreen resulted in no movement of the background at all. I had my Evo 4G with me for a side by side comparison.

So I am wondering, if any of you that have the phone already had a chance to download your favorite live wallpaper from the market to check if they work properly on the Evo 3d. I have this one fancy one called Jungle Waterfall, and it actually scrolls through an entire 3d scene of a jungle waterfall when you move from homescreen to homescreen. Do those still work, or does the ability of moving from screen 7 (were it used to stop) over to screen 1 screw these types of wallpapers up so badly that HTC decided to not allow movement in them?

Thanks!

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that they don't let them move because the Sense carousel is a full loop now. Instead of hitting the edge, you circle back. If the background moved like it does on the EVO 4G, you'd get to the edge carousel page and the image would have to slide or shift the opposite way to reset itself to the opposite "far from center" position. Trade off I guess. Maybe there's a setting to change that buried somewhere.

Reactions: woodsdmd

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The developers of live wallpapers won't like this one bit, and neither will the people, i.e. me, who have bought a couple of these wallpapers. I landed up not using them because the slowed my current Evo down too much. I was hoping that I can now really enjoy them on the Evo 3d, but HTC had other plans for me! :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11