HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Got my Evo 3d last night. Phone is fast but I am having some problems. When the first OTA update came through I hit update and then install but when the phone came back on it had done a factory reset and also erased my sd card, so I lost the green hornet and pre-installed music and photos and probably some other things too. I don't know how to get them back now. Also either my eyes are really messed up which I don't think they are but my 3d pictures and video is messed up. All the pre installed pictures and ones I have taken are really blurry and dark. There are constant vertical lines. They do look 3d but the image just seems really bad and off. Basicly the pictures are not usable. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks.

BigdaddyK361

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?
It does cause me problems sometimes when people are trying to look atm y 3d photos, i just tell them you have to be directly in front of the screen and it works pretty well

lloydcabraham

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Good day everyone. My first post here in the forums. My problem is that I was watching green hornet and plugged in my head phones, google music started up. So i stop movie, go to app and shut it down. Go back to movie and a minute or so later music starts again. Only does this when head phones are plugged in. So now when I plug in the head phones...google music starts up... very annoying.:(

Happens to me too. Actually, Google music starts, then Voice dialer (Like it's trying to do headset remote button and voice commands). I thought maybe the Otterbox case was keeping the headphone jack from seating properly so I'm trying it without the case. Seems to be working so far. Could that be our problem? I have the Otterbox Defender case

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

Happens to me too. Actually, Google music starts, then Voice dialer (Like it's trying to do headset remote button and voice commands). I thought maybe the Otterbox case was keeping the headphone jack from seating properly so I'm trying it without the case. Seems to be working so far. Could that be our problem? I have the Otterbox Defender case
I also have the otterbox...interesting...going to take it off right now and give it a try

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I also have the otterbox...interesting...going to take it off right now and give it a try

I have the commuter and i have headphones with a square plug, I kinda twisted it down past the rubber...looks like they designed it for headphones with small round plugs...

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

the otterbox must be covering up the little hole next to the jack. maybe that is what is causing it? Works fine now

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone notice the sound (ringtones) are lower. I keep missing calls because I do not hear the phone ring.

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Well THANK GOODNESS!!! I was beginning to think I was too stupid for a smart phone...I've been looking for that flashlight app for 2 days!!!

I switched from the HTC TouchPro2 and I REALLY love this phone. The hardest part is getting used to not being able to use my finger nails to work the touchscreen. However I did purchase a stylus ($19.99 at Sprint) that works well with it.

I did have issues connecting to my PC because I'm running windows 7, but I called HTC customer support and they walked me through the entire process! (Even called me back when I lost my signal and the called dropped in the middle of the process -- now that's GOOD customer service!)

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Got my Evo 3d last night. Phone is fast but I am having some problems. When the first OTA update came through I hit update and then install but when the phone came back on it had done a factory reset and also erased my sd card, so I lost the green hornet and pre-installed music and photos and probably some other things too. I don't know how to get them back now. Also either my eyes are really messed up which I don't think they are but my 3d pictures and video is messed up. All the pre installed pictures and ones I have taken are really blurry and dark. There are constant vertical lines. They do look 3d but the image just seems really bad and off. Basicly the pictures are not usable. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks.
The salesman told me that once the green hornet is deleted you cannot get it back. He warned me about that before I left the store with the phone.

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

P.S. sounds like you may have a defective phone. I would take it back and get the store to swap it...that way you will get another phone with the green hornet.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When I first got the phone, I immediately started messing with the camera and noticed a GREEN tint to the pictures. This was more obvious when using the flash. Then later I realized that it was the screen and not the pictures! Everything seems to have a GREEN hue to it. The darker the screen, the greener it gets. The stock settings for the display are on auto, if I turn this off and go to full brightness the green seems to fade, but battery life suffers. Anyone else notice this?

I notice this as well. So the pictures are not really greenish? I haven't viewed them on my PC yet. As long as its not really green then ill be happy.

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I have a serious problem.. I don't have an Evo3D till tomorrow! :( :( With my luck the radio shack I preordered at will probably catch fire before I get there burning my Evo.. haha seriously This crap is depressing waiting for this freaking phone.
LOL...I thought that sorta stuff only happened to me. I had to wait for 5 months on this phone and my old phone was on it's last leg to the point they couldn't even get it to connect to import my contacts! But I knew it was meant for me to have this phone when 1) when I got to Sprint at 12:30 p.m and NO ONE else was in the store that is usually packed; 2) got a parking spot right in front of the store; and 3) got the LAST phone they had in stock (didn't pre-order).

You're gonna love this phone.

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone notice the sound (ringtones) are lower. I keep missing calls because I do not hear the phone ring.
You need to go to "sounds" and turn them up. Even if you use the side buttons and put it on max, I still had to turn them up in sounds. Hope this helps.

Konvict808

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Anybody but me wish the external speaker volume was louder? My EVO 4G was louder by far, I can't hear anything unless I am in a perfectly quiet environment with this phone.
I totally agree. This external speaker is a whole lot softer than OG Evo. Is there anyway to increase it?

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

One other helpful hint for those of us who are perfectionist's and can't stand the constant finger prints on the screen. Go to Best Buy and buy the anti-glare/anti-finger tip screen protector. It's $25.99 and they charge $8.00 to put it on but it's totally worth it!!!

Turtle#IM

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this was covered (this thread has really grown). I'm seeing about 100kbps speeds on 3G. I called sprint and they seem to be aware of the issue and are working on a fix. I'll be exchanging it tomorrow though.

I too have same issue with slow 3G speeds. Chatted with Sprint customer service online and also Sprint Technical Support on phone. The both had me run some tests and resets. Did not fix issue so they advised I exchange phone for new one. I exchanged phones and still having slow 3G speeds. This is something that will have to be fixed with a software update. I hope it's fixed soon.

deevah

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know how to remove the icon from the grid after uninstalling an app? I uninstalled two app's but BOTH icons are still showing up on the grid (driving me crazy)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore