EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, people that were waiting for the Pre 3 were delusional. And sadly those people were so fanatical and fanboish I think they would rather rock a flip-phone than admit that Android/WP7 are much mroe more powerful OS. FYI I have 0, I repeat 0 problems multi-tasking or getting stuff done with Android. As a launch day Pre owner, WebOS deserved better but I'm glad it's over and now we can all move on.

Reactions: Wiley_11

flipcap22

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree, people that were waiting for the Pre 3 were delusional. And sadly those people were so fanatical and fanboish I think they would rather rock a flip-phone than admit that Android/WP7 are much mroe more powerful OS. FYI I have 0, I repeat 0 problems multi-tasking or getting stuff done with Android. As a launch day Pre owner, WebOS deserved better but I'm glad it's over and now we can all move on.

After having the EVO 3D for a month now after having a Palm device for the last 11 years or so, I agree that it's a powerful device. But there are things that WebOS just does/did better than Android. Multi-tasking is fine but just isn't as simple and intuitive as it was on my Palm Pre. I really don't care for how notifications are done on Android. I find myself pulling the notification bar down all the time when I'd rather just be doing what I want to do on the phone. I really don't consider myself a fanboy but I sure was rooting for WebOS to make a comeback.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
After having the EVO 3D for a month now after having a Palm device for the last 11 years or so, I agree that it's a powerful device. But there are things that WebOS just does/did better than Android. Multi-tasking is fine but just isn't as simple and intuitive as it was on my Palm Pre. I really don't care for how notifications are done on Android. I find myself pulling the notification bar down all the time when I'd rather just be doing what I want to do on the phone. I really don't consider myself a fanboy but I sure was rooting for WebOS to make a comeback.

I disagree. Webos notifications were nice for the first 6 months but they got annoying, quickly. Android's are always at the top and never take up any screen real estate. Plus everthing that happens with your phone gives a notification at the top, unlike webOS. I will agree that the ability to dismiss individual notifications are a huge plus, but the pros still outweigh the cons. I don't really get the intuitive argument, do people use PC/MAC's? What's so unituitive about Android? Android is more intuitive because it's faster. Apps on my 3D open instantly, even the veer has severe lag.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I disagree. Webos notifications were nice for the first 6 months but they got annoying, quickly. Android's are always at the top and never take up any screen real estate. Plus everthing that happens with your phone gives a notification at the top, unlike webOS. I will agree that the ability to dismiss individual notifications are a huge plus, but the pros still outweigh the cons. I don't really get the intuitive argument, do people use PC/MAC's? What's so unituitive about Android? Android is more intuitive because it's faster. Apps on my 3D open instantly, even the veer has severe lag.

I agree with alot you said except the notifications. I love how they were done one webos. Android can polish its notifications alot more. As usual stated we still can't just get rid of one. That needs to be fixed asap.

Sent from my beastly Evo 3d using Tapatalk

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I mourn Web OS and hope it finds new life elsewhere. I was a launch day Pre owner and hoped Sprint would get the Pre 3 but once the Evo 3D was announced, I knew I was going to get it.
Now, almost 2 months with it, I am enjoying the Android experience and all the great apps I could never get on the Pre (Slingbox anyone?)
I miss the Touchstone and how I could close an app by flicking it up, but that's it.
Now if HP wants to get rid of its Touchpad stock by marking them down to $100, I'd take the plunge. For an ereader and easy way to get on the Net, you could do worse.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sad because it was a good OS :( , it would be nice if Google would buy it and integrate the best things of WebOS into Android... but with that said I'm still very happy with my Evo 3D!

They already "bought" webOS. The guy responsible, Matias Duarte, for the development of webOS went to work for Android last year. He is the Senior Director Of Human Interface & User Experience for Android. So if you liked webOS your going to love Ice Cream Sandwich. IMHO Matias's vision for mobile UI is the best on the planet. I for one am extremely proud to be a part of it all !! :D

Reactions: milominderbinde

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say I told them so! It's a sad day for all those suckers that were waiting and begging and pleading Sprint to carry the hp Fail 3 and the others who brought the Failpad. I'm glad that I got on that lifeboat the Evo 4g on day one and now the Evo 3D. :D

Be careful, them fighting words right there! ;)

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree with alot you said except the notifications. I love how they were done one webos. Android can polish its notifications alot more. As usual stated we still can't just get rid of one. That needs to be fixed asap.

I think the Android notification system is just fine...I especially love the way the bar rolls for certain incoming messages. I found WebOS system annoying after while how it would take up what little real estate you had on the Pre. If Android system wasn't a good ideal then Apple wouldn't have used it in IOS 5.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Now if HP wants to get rid of its Touchpad stock by marking them down to $100, I'd take the plunge. For an ereader and easy way to get on the Net, you could do worse.

HP's done just that!! Head over to Precentral.net and check it out. I just purchased the 32gb for $149.99 plus some discounts. Check the touchpad threads for a slickdeal with discount. Hurry though, the 16gb has sold out already.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is the story if you are interested:
BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"

Be careful when you consider buying a discontinued product. Will apps continue to be updated so tha tthey will still work?

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a webOS person who will be getting an EVO 3D or an EVO 4G soon. I plan on doing all the rooting stuff so that I can get WiFi tethering. I'm trying to find out if there's a way to reload Android onto the phone in the event I totally hose it. With webOS we have the webOS Doctor that completely wipes the OS partition on the phone and installs a fresh copy of webOS. Is there also something similar for the EVO 3D...or for any Android phone for that matter?

JMack817

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow. i think you are just a little butt hurt over the loss of a far superior OS. WebOS is smooth like butter. i am currently rocking a evo 3D.... but i want my WebOS back. i want a port for it on my 3D.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow. i think you are just a little butt hurt over the loss of a far superior OS. WebOS is smooth like butter. i am currently rocking a evo 3D.... but i want my WebOS back. i want a port for it on my 3D.

If you look up webOS in the dictionary you'll find a picture of Matias Duarte, the brains behind webOS. He has been at Android for about 14 months. He'll be delivering Ice Cream Sandwich's by the end of the year.

If I've said it once, I've said it twice. Matias's vision of what a UI should be *is* webOS. That thing at HP is a cheap imitation with limited functionality. :D

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

tired argument again and again. Webos looked smooth, but functionally never was, it was slow as **** and had a pathetic amount of APIs available to developers. Keep thinking that though. HP must have realized how flawed the code was and gave up. even enyo couldn't speed up the OS.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ever wonder why Palm never sued anyone over the Palm patents? They don't own them...

If you still have an account at PreCentral, here is why HP can't license out webOS. The problem is that Palm is licensing the key patents from Acacia. It is Acacia who has already licensed out the Palm Pantents to Motorola (now Google), Samsung, RIM, Nokia, Apple, etc.

HP had the rights to make the hardware which they just canceled.

webOS can't be licensed out.

Reactions: Wiley_11

cfbauer

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen lots of recommendations for Itching Thumb as a way to replace the awesome cards meatphor in webOS, but the Android Market page for the app seems to have disappeared. Anyone know what happened?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo