looking for a longer usb cable for the evo 3d

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
so the cable that came with the evo and evo 3d was never long enough for me to connect from my bed side to be able to comfortably be used on my bed, so i was wondering if these would work, and which would be better...

For only $1.65 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

For only $1.44 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

or if anyone else had any recommendations.. i would like it to be at least 15 feet

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
so the cable that came with the evo and evo 3d was never long enough for me to connect from my bed side to be able to comfortably be used on my bed, so i was wondering if these would work, and which would be better...

For only $1.65 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

For only $1.44 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

or if anyone else had any recommendations.. i would like it to be at least 15 feet

I got it today and it shipped Monday! I bought two of the ones in the first link. It works fine with no issues. It is a quality cable...of course I never had issues with Monoprice. This is such a nice thing to have. Now I can keep it in the bedroom and use my others elsewhere. I love the freedom to roam a bit with the 15' radius.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Monoprice is the only place I'll shop for cables. I generally order about $30 at a time since $6 shipping is more than the cables themselves, spreads the cost out over more items.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i use my old Palm Pre cable, it is pretty long!!

We can use our Pre cable to charge?

Might try one of the long cables. I hate that the port is on the left side of the phone, because my outlet is on the right side of my bed so it makes it very uncomfortable to use in bed with the stock HTC cord.

Last edited:

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I got it today and it shipped Monday! I bought two of the ones in the first link. It works fine with no issues. It is a quality cable...of course I never had issues with Monoprice. This is such a nice thing to have. Now I can keep it in the bedroom and use my others elsewhere. I love the freedom to roam a bit with the 15' radius.

I on the other hand have had major issues with their cables. I have biughtva total of 4 from them. 2 orders of two. I think only one of them still works. I doubt I will ever buy another cable from them.

charlesmvaron

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think using longer cables doesn't allow the phone to charge nearly as quick. I had a long cable from them...maybe 9 ft? 15 ft? I don't remember how long exactly but when I bought my 3D and plugged it in I noticed it was taking an usually long time to charge. Maybe 4 hours and not much charge. I then put it on the stock palm cable my pre came with and then the next day the htc cable the phone came with and resulted in a much faster charge. I don't know if it had something to do with the distance of the cable but just my two cents.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll use my Pre cable to charge then, it seems a bit longer than the HTC one. No other drawback to using the Palm cable, right? Might be a dumb question, lol.

reminiz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll use my Pre cable to charge then, it seems a bit longer than the HTC one. No other drawback to using the Palm cable, right? Might be a dumb question, lol.

I've not had one yet. I use any micro ubs cable I can find. The one that came with my Blackberry seems to be a decent length as well. The HTC needs to be a foot longer.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep a 10 ft cord around for this but I also am weary of using it because it is cheap and you can definitely tell... It's fit is loose after the first couple of uses and in general feels like it will break at anytime. But on the bright side it was less than $3 so who cares

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have an Amazon Prime account, I can think of no place better to get one. Amazon-branded products tend to have high quality for reasonable prices, not to mention the included 2-day shipping.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member