Birthdays for Facebook contacts are all off by 1 day

Pookela

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After i sync'd my facebook contacts i noticed something weird...

I was looking at my friend's info in the People app and noticed that his birthday said June 13 when it should be June 14. At first i thought it must've been a typo or an error in his facebook profile. But then i noticed the same error for ALL of my facebook friends! Every single birthday is shown as 1 day earlier than it should be!

I searched these AC forums and found just one other thread...someone had this same problem with their Evo 4G last year...but there was no reply, no explanation, no fix.

Is this the same for anyone else?????

Reactions: Hydraulic Jack

Pookela

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been researching in other forums and it looks like others have had the same problem on different android phones over the past year or so, but no sign of a fix. Now that i've noticed it, it's gonna drive me NUTS if i can't get this corrected somehow!!! :confused:

Pookela

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that all the birthdays are showing up on the CORRECT days in the Calendar app. So for some reason the incorrect date seems to be only in the People app.

andrewarm

May 19, 2011
Visit site
After i sync'd my facebook contacts i noticed something weird...

I was looking at my friend's info in the People app and noticed that his birthday said June 13 when it should be June 14. At first i thought it must've been a typo or an error in his facebook profile. But then i noticed the same error for ALL of my facebook friends! Every single birthday is shown as 1 day earlier than it should be!

I searched these AC forums and found just one other thread...someone had this same problem with their Evo 4G last year...but there was no reply, no explanation, no fix.

Is this the same for anyone else?????

This wouldn't have bothered me at all if I hadn't noticed it...But now that you pointed it out, it's going to drive me nuts.

Thanks a lot!!! =P

Jeratain

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue today where a Facebook meeting showed up as an hour later than it was listed in Facebook (as if the time zone was incorrect).

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This has been going on with me for awhile. It happened on my EVO 4G, my wife's Nexus S 4G, my daughter's Shift 4G, and now my 3D. I think its on Facebook to fix, as it happens on 2 different brands of phones.

I have yet to find a fix...

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm also seeing the birthdays show up a day early in my contacts, but the correct day in my calendar. I never had this problem on my EVO 4G. I emailed HTC and am waiting to hear back.

I am also seeing facebook events show up in my calendar an hour early. I did notice this glitch on my EVO 4G, but not until I updated to gingerbread. When I emailed HTC, they said it was a problem with the Facebook app. I told them that that info is synced through the Facebook for HTC Sense app, which I thought was made by HTC. They informed me that it was made by facebook, and they said facebook has to fix it. Seems odd to me, especially because if you go to manage applications, choose Facebook for HTC Sense, and tap about, it shows a copyright by HTC.

I hope this fix these bugs soon. They are pretty annoying.

John

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I am seeing the same thing. What time zone is everyone in that is seeing this? Is anyone in the East coast having this issue? I am just wondering if it is a time zone setting where the program see a birthday as starting at 12 AM EST (for example) but the calendar adjusts for time zones and makes it the previous day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reahs