Cyanogenmod10 nightlies

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
New build posted in IRC. I haven't had a chance to download it, but word on the street is that the camera is greatly improved and 1080 video now works.
This is not the same as what you're going to get in the cm nightlies. Deck is still doing some work with it on the side, therefore what he posts in IRC is the most up-to-date version until his changes get merged with the CM builds.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
New build posted in IRC. I haven't had a chance to download it, but word on the street is that the camera is greatly improved and 1080 video now works.
This is not the same as what you're going to get in the cm nightlies. Deck is still doing some work with it on the side, therefore what he posts in IRC is the most up-to-date version until his changes get merged with the CM builds.

Good to know the camera is working somewhere.

Evo LTE CM10

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Seems like they did a huge improvement to the camera.. at least that's what everyone else is saying...

Any predictions on when they go live (stable) ? I'm hoping soon :D I can't wait to flash it ..

What are you waiting for? All it costs you is the space in memory and a few minutes of your time to try it out :)

It's been "stable" enough for me to be my daily driver for the last couple of weeks. All the major stuff works, and even with the few little niggles here and there, the overall experience is much better than Sense. It's really personal preference, though. One person's deal-breaker is another's minor inconvenience. Only way to judge that is to try it for yourself.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems like they did a huge improvement to the camera.. at least that's what everyone else is saying...

Any predictions on when they go live (stable) ? I'm hoping soon :D I can't wait to flash it ..

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What are you waiting for? All it costs you is the space in memory and a few minutes of your time to try it out :)

It's been "stable" enough for me to be my daily driver for the last couple of weeks. All the major stuff works, and even with the few little niggles here and there, the overall experience is much better than Sense. It's really personal preference, though. One person's deal-breaker is another's minor inconvenience. Only way to judge that is to try it for yourself.

Is the official nightly camera working. I'm going to download it when I get home.

The camera is a big deal breaker for me but I'm sticking with it for a little now. Hopefully all is well soon.

Evo LTE CM10

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
YES! The camera is sweet. Works like a charm on the unofficial. Just wish it had the option for wide screen photos. 1080p video recording is there too. Back in business.

Edit: what the duece. The pictures come out fine. However the thumbnails are just pictures of green distortion. And the flash doesn't work. Urr.

Last edited:

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
YES! The camera is sweet. Works like a charm on the unofficial. Just wish it had the option for wide screen photos. 1080p video recording is there too. Back in business.

Edit: what the duece. The pictures come out fine. However the thumbnails are just pictures of green distortion. And the flash doesn't work. Urr.

Lots of reports on the green thumbnails, but the picture itself is still fine.
If you need the flash, fire up torch before going into the camera then snap your pictures. Put a widget for it on your screen or use the toggle in the drop down.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I will flash the 8/29 ROM today and give it a full once over. Keeps getting better and better with each release so I am hopeful that this one will be a step up from the last! Deck is an awesome dev and I've been running his ROMs for years. I have high expectations that he will get this ROM running with everything working as good or better than stock!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Lots of reports on the green thumbnails, but the picture itself is still fine.
If you need the flash, fire up torch before going into the camera then snap your pictures. Put a widget for it on your screen or use the toggle in the drop down.

Eh. I switched back to stock right now. Updated with the ota. The menu button is nice and the data doesn't keep dropping. Very nice.

I was going to try the 08-30 build but when I click the download link it says not found. Anyone else have any luck getting it to download. If so how's the camera.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they pulled it or something. O well. I dont think I'm going back till they fix the camera though.

I'll keep flashing and see but I can't stick with it like that. I need my camera. Lol.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, link is broke for the 8/30 drop. 8/29 is rock'n solid for me though. Camera is working great! Can snap pics as fast as I can press the button and 1080p video is working, sorta! It's capturing video fine but no audio for me. Anyone else seeing this? At lease the camera app isn't locking up on me when I switch to video mode! I even grabbed a still out of one video capture. Well improved, that's for sure!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Your talking about the official 8-29 cause the camera wasn't working for me. I think it had something to do with the flash though. It would lock up and crash. It crashed every time I opened it after that with no picture visible. Had to reboot to fix it.

I like the wide screen pictures on sense too. I.hope there is a way to incorporate that in too when they finally get it functioning right.

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Won't let me use the camera either on 8/29 I know koush version has a workaround but not the official

Where's the ota button ??

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana