Cyanogenmod10 nightlies

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm back. For now. Let's see what happens, lol.

Edit: well I see what the problem was with the camera. The continuous focus doesn't work. However using the auto focus and using the camera physical button half press to focus works well. I can live with this camera.

Last edited:

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually found out you can tap anywhere on the preview screen and it will focus on that point. Seems to be more precise than the button half-press..

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually found out you can tap anywhere on the preview screen and it will focus on that point. Seems to be more precise than the button half-press..

Yes that's good for precise shots but when you want something quick the continuous was nice. The button works good too though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to make the led notification blink instead of staying solid. Forever.

Never mind. Found it.

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else miss the silly effects for the front facing video capture? Other than that not working, I'm one of the minority who prefer the stock jellybean camera.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kooja_IIT

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
probably what I like most about being back on aosp is the keyboard, i was using swiftkey on sense and it was just too aggressive for my liking. barely tried the sense keyboard because it's nowhere as good as it used to be, which was disappointing. For whatever reason the aosp keyboard is just very awesome now :)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
probably what I like most about being back on aosp is the keyboard, i was using swiftkey on sense and it was just too aggressive for my liking. barely tried the sense keyboard because it's nowhere as good as it used to be, which was disappointing. For whatever reason the aosp keyboard is just very awesome now :)

I hated the sense keyboard coming from the nexus. I got use to it though. Now I have to relearn the Asop keyboard. Lol.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
FYI, changelogs show an increased mic volume on the 16th, and there's a new nightly out today, so there's a chance it could fix the google now only using top mic instead of bottom. Just a thought. I won't be flashing until tonight later maybe.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, changelogs show an increased mic volume on the 16th, and there's a new nightly out today, so there's a chance it could fix the google now only using top mic instead of bottom. Just a thought. I won't be flashing until tonight later maybe.

The voice to speech is definitely a lot better. I had to scream before. Still not as good as I'd like though.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else miss the silly effects for the front facing video capture? Other than that not working, I'm one of the minority who prefer the stock jellybean camera.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ha! Never even knew the front camera had silly effects. I rarely use the front cam. I can't say that I prefer the AOSP camera over sense, cuz if this ROM had the sense camera app it would be perfect! However, the AOSP camera has come A LONG way from where it was back in the GB days. One this that annoys me with the AOSP camera is how much screen space the button takes up. I really like how the sense cam uses most of the screen for the image. The AOSP cam also seems to have issues going form landscape to portrait mode because the image screen seems to resize when I rotate back and forth. Irritating...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice that web pages and Facebook and things with text occasionally get distorted where's the picture is messed up

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that web pages and Facebook and things with text occasionally get distorted where's the picture is messed up

Yeah, I noticed it in chrome and in emails (stock and gmail). A refresh or exit out then back in clears it, though. FWIW, I noticed it occasionally on the 9/15 nightly as well...

Just noticed another new nightly 9/19 with more volume fixes. Will flash tonight. Github notes here - you can see these changes affect a LOT of areas https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andr...mmit/0d569831a49826ea8cb7b284d661edfb40824e73

Edit: Looks like all screen flicker is gone! But... google wallet is broken. At least for me. I'm trying to find another modified apk that I can sideload.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed it in chrome and in emails (stock and gmail). A refresh or exit out then back in clears it, though. FWIW, I noticed it occasionally on the 9/15 nightly as well...

Just noticed another new nightly 9/19 with more volume fixes. Will flash tonight. Github notes here - you can see these changes affect a LOT of areas https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andr...mmit/0d569831a49826ea8cb7b284d661edfb40824e73

Edit: Looks like all screen flicker is gone! But... google wallet is broken. At least for me. I'm trying to find another modified apk that I can sideload.

Its very annoying. Ahh. It seems to be doing it less on the second 19th nightly so that's good.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Latest nightly is not doing well. Random weird screen transitions popping up and I keep getting kicked out of my Google account

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Latest nightly is not doing well. Random weird screen transitions popping up and I keep getting kicked out of my Google account

I guess the log out issue is a google network issue. So please disregard.

Bocephys

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Anyone having issue with this nightly? I just rooted yesterday and flashed this via goomanager and all I get is the circle CM boot screen. I let it sit for a good 15 minutes and nothing happened, so eventually I rebooted into recovery and applied my backup stock ROM. I tried reflashing and had the same thing happen. I can only get as far as the boot screen.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you s-on? If so, like me (I took the latest sense update before rooting, stupid me), you'll have to extract the boot.img from the rom and flash it via fastboot. That should allow you to boot.

Bocephys

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you s-on? If so, like me (I took the latest sense update before rooting, stupid me), you'll have to extract the boot.img from the rom and flash it via fastboot. That should allow you to boot.

Yea, me too. I have since discovered FlashGui and ran that but I'm still stuck on the boot animation. I'll keep poking around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa