[ROM] CleanROM DE 1.4by Newboyx 8/16/12

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CleanROM DE by Newboyx 7/20/12

Great work! Sorta hate to say it, but I kind of miss the multitasking button. Otherwise everything seems to be working great. I'll let you know when if something breaks :)

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Great work! Sorta hate to say it, but I kind of miss the multitasking button. Otherwise everything seems to be working great. I'll let you know when if something breaks :)

Are you aware you can hold down the home button to bring up multitasking?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Are you aware you can hold down the home button to bring up multitasking?

yes, just got used to that multitasking dedicated button, and back then I did mourn the loss of the menu button, but now I've grown accustomed to the new button scheme. Not a dealbreaker, and something alot of people were asking for so it's not really a problem. Just a surprising observation of my own usage. Still it's the direction google seems to be going with the operating system.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
yes, just got used to that multitasking dedicated button, and back then I did mourn the loss of the menu button, but now I've grown accustomed to the new button scheme. Not a dealbreaker, and something alot of people were asking for so it's not really a problem. Just a surprising observation of my own usage. Still it's the direction google seems to be going with the operating system.

It took me a while to adjust when I was testing. After 2 or 3 days I adjusted.

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It took me a while to adjust when I was testing. After 2 or 3 days I adjusted.

Yeah, my initial comment was not a criticism, more a surprise that I actually missed it, hence the "hate to say it" qualifier.

On a side note though, it is a standard android feature that dedicated multitasking button and from the looks of jellybean, it aint going away. Might consider remapping or giving users the option to flash different button schemes like mikeyxda did with meanrom.

Just a suggestion.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my initial comment was not a criticism, more a surprise that I actually missed it, hence the "hate to say it" qualifier.

On a side note though, it is a standard android feature that dedicated multitasking button and from the looks of jellybean, it aint going away. Might consider remapping or giving users the option to flash different button schemes like mikeyxda did with meanrom.

Just a suggestion.

I didn't take it in a bad way. I encourage the feedback.
As for add ons, I plan to eventually do exactly that. Right now I have to borrow my wife's laptop for everything, so I am just trying to do things in little steps. Eventually when I can afford my own computer I can set up everything as I want it.

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm totally loving this ROM. I added Kovdevs ice cream sandwich theme to make it a little more creamy. Sorry I couldn't wait for your update. This will hold me over for a little while.:D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Notice any changes...
6cde8575-60f4-2daa.jpg

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Saweeeet! That looks awesome. Was missing having the % up there, and I was wondering why my 4g symbol was in blue, but not my 3g. Can't wait for it to drop. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

switch527

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Gotta say, best ROM I have tried on this thing.....granted all I have tried is stock and MeanRom but everything is a lot more responsive and faster than both. Installs and uninstalls are significantly faster and no longer followed by a minute of extreme lag. I'll save the overclock for a time in the future when the device is showing it's age to breathe some extra life into it. Ok, I am a real amateur at this, last night was my first time flashing roms on any phone other than a crappy walmart galaxy precedent so I had a question. When you release an update am I going to have to reflash and start from scratch getting all my apps in the proper place, syncing contacts etc, or is there a way to just apply an update and keep all that stuff?

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Gotta say, best ROM I have tried on this thing.....granted all I have tried is stock and MeanRom but everything is a lot more responsive and faster than both. Installs and uninstalls are significantly faster and no longer followed by a minute of extreme lag. I'll save the overclock for a time in the future when the device is showing it's age to breathe some extra life into it. Ok, I am a real amateur at this, last night was my first time flashing roms on any phone other than a crappy walmart galaxy precedent so I had a question. When you release an update am I going to have to reflash and start from scratch getting all my apps in the proper place, syncing contacts etc, or is there a way to just apply an update and keep all that stuff?

Usually if the dev doesn't make drastic changes to the framework you can flash w/o doing a full wipe... that said you can always do that but if you experience issues usually the first suggested fix is to do a full wipe then reflash the ROM.

switch527

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

So as long as I don't do a full wipe all my settings, contacts and app placements remain intact? Excellent.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

So as long as I don't do a full wipe all my settings, contacts and app placements remain intact? Excellent.

That is correct.

There will be times, though, when you will be flashing a completely new ROM or something goes a little wonky and you have to do a full wipe and re-flash. In this case, Titanium Backup is your best friend. You can run a batch command to have it backup all of your apps and data at once. Then after you flash something new, all you have to do is install Titanium Backup from the market, then run a batch command to restore all of your apps.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I always recommend a full wipe just in case, but if I make any changes that require a full wipe I will let you know.
If you are coming from a different ROM you should always do a full wipe.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CleanROM DE 1.1 by Newboyx 7/26/12

Changes in Version 1.1
Signal Bars now in ICS blue
3G Data now in ICS blue
1x Data now in ICS blue
AOSP Phone icon
AOSP Message icon
AOSP People/Contacts icon
AOSP Camera icon
Battery %
Removed SetCPU (it is available in the market)

This update is 100 % cosmetic

Last edited:

switch527

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CleanROM DE 1.1 by Newboyx 7/26/12

Awesome update...only issue is now when charging the battery indicator doesn't move like it normally does when charging. The blue seems to just stay at the bottom of the battery until you unplug it. Not a huge issue, just a little quirk. Thank for all your hard work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez