HTC Jet (HTC Once X) Coming to Sprint

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the following e-mail. Can't confirm anything, so I'll just put it out there:

So a couple thoughts here. ... The Krait proc isn't surprising, since int'll be an LTE device. That's a much bigger batter than what's spec'd on the other One X's, right? So a thicker phone? 16GB of storage? Booooooo. AMOLED display? That's different than the One X, too. Kickstand? Eh, OK.

Thoughts? I'll be at the launch event next week.

I'd trade 10GB of storage for an extra 850 mAh of battery.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it true does it really have a much bigger battery an sd slot and a kickstand? I guess a memory slot is good since it only has 16.I have a 16 gig card in my Evo 3D now but I would rather have a removable battery. But Kickstand I really hope if not I'll buy a Seidio kickstand case like I have now and I'll buy there charging vault.

Just got the following e-mail. Can't confirm anything, so I'll just put it out there:

So a couple thoughts here. ... The Krait proc isn't surprising, since int'll be an LTE device. That's a much bigger battery than what's spec'd on the other One X's, right? So a thicker phone? 16GB of storage? Booooooo. AMOLED display? That's different than the One X, too. Kickstand? Eh, OK.

Thoughts? I'll be at the launch event next week.

I_Am_Incredible

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't Booo 16GB of Storage... when there IS MICRO SD SLOT! WOoooooO!.....if it was 16 with no slot it would be different.

And a 2650 MAH?.... I'd take it.

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the entire design of the phone will change for one carrier. Not saying it isn't possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath, either.
The EVO was basically the Nexus One/Desire and they certainly changed it significantly for one carrier.

On top of that, the 2500MHz LTE radio in the Sprint devices might as well be as different from the 700MHz band that AT&T/Verizon are in as WiMax was. This may give them some room on the drawing board to innovate.

And the EVO has always been the HALO device above the HERO, just like the 3D had more RAM and 3D over the Sensation, and the original EVO had the first 4G radio in the West+ front facing/8MP camera +kickstand, when the Desire only had 5MP and no FFC. And even the Desire HD lacked FFC, that chasis did not get another device with FFC until the Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

tommydaniel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The EVO was basically the Nexus One/Desire and they certainly changed it significantly for one carrier.

On top of that, the 2500MHz LTE radio in the Sprint devices might as well be as different from the 700MHz band that AT&T/Verizon are in as WiMax was. This may give them some room on the drawing board to innovate.

And the EVO has always been the HALO device above the HERO, just like the 3D had more RAM and 3D over the Sensation, and the original EVO had the first 4G radio in the West+ front facing and 8MP camera, when the Desire only had 5MP and no FFC. And even the Desire HD lacked FFC, that chasis did not get another device with FFC until the Thunderbolt.

Sprint's LTE will initially be on the 1900MHz band, the 2500MHz band is what CLEAR will be utilizing in the future for LTE.

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's LTE will initially be on the 1900MHz band, the 2500MHz band is what CLEAR will be utilizing in the future for LTE.

I sit corrected. Either way, it is missing the much loved building penetration of my Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the entire design of the phone will change for one carrier. Not saying it isn't possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath, either.

Well they were the only ones to put a keyboard on the Galaxy S, so that's a pretty big change. I believe Phil's email since that's also what I've heard from HTC so it sounds like a done deal, but they have made changes in the past. I think Sprint would have preferred a removable one if they could get it, I think this was more HTC's doing, with their new initiative of wanting to keep the phone variations to a minimum

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have concerns about the screen-type being different...is that is plus or a minus?

I think its gotta be some confusion there. There is NO WAY they just put in the regular Amoled screen. At the very least I'd imagine they use the one from the Galaxy Nexus which was Super Amoled HD...
Though if screen size is the same as the OneX you have to question why they would change to that screen and NOT keep it at SLCD2 as that has been just praised upon from most of the reviewers I've read thus far..

regardless we will know in a week...

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow this is the reason to leave my iphone. awesome build quality and awesome software!! Thank You HTC. Oh how I'ved missed you Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38