I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil,

Does pressing the the the camera button while the phone is locked and the screen off wake and unlock the phone going straight to the camera app? I've swear I've seen some videos where other phones (I can't remember which for sure. Sony maybe?) where this is the case.

Thanks.

Oooooooooooo, crap. Shoulda thought of that. What was the previous model that did that?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just saw the thread on how Sprint ruined the HTC ONE X design in the Evo 4g LTE conversion. How much different is it and is it that drastic for a picket line to start forming in front of Sprint stores?

Sent from the future on my Samsung Galaxy S 3!

Seriously, folks need to calm down about this.

(And love the sig. :p )

Mikeadonis

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Oooooooooooo, crap. Shoulda thought of that. What was the previous model that did that?
Actually saw a video where the HTC spokesperson had to turn the screen off and pushed the camera button and went straight to camera from sleep. If u hold the button in, it snaps 4frames a second. Then u pick the best image and throw the rest away.

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Click your heels together. Seriously. Don't worry about this.

This is actually my main concern about this phone as well. I plan on doing lots of rooting and ROM flashing on it and often need to pull the battery when stuck in a bootloop or hard crash. Is there another way to get out of a locked up phone when you don't have access to the battery?

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This is actually my main concern about this phone as well. I plan on doing lots of rooting and ROM flashing on it and often need to pull the battery when stuck in a bootloop or hard crash. Is there another way to get out of a locked up phone when you don't have access to the battery?

I would assume that it would have a pin hole where you could force the restart. It works the exact same as a battery pull

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard if Sprint will allow LTE roaming on Verizon or AT&T? Verizon is going to have LTE in my area LONG LONG LONG before Sprint. Sprint hasn't bothered even giving my area 3G let alone any type of 4G.... :(

Reactions: jalaazul

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard if Sprint will allow LTE roaming on Verizon or AT&T? Verizon is going to have LTE in my area LONG LONG LONG before Sprint. Sprint hasn't bothered even giving my area 3G let alone any type of 4G.... :(

Sprint and LTE use different frequency spectrums for LTE. I don't see how roaming would be possible.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and LTE use different frequency spectrums for LTE. I don't see how roaming would be possible.

My Man! We've been tearing these threads up! You start 'em all and then I just post. By the way, this is #100 for me, so if we're racing then I won and you owe me beer or money or something.

I hear that the 1900MHz LTE band is in use here. At some point we will have roaming on other LTE networks, but not for awhile.

Reactions: jalaazul

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil, does the camera have zoom? In the pics I've seen it seems to have the bar at the bottom for it. I miss this function on my ns4g and am seriously considering jumping ship from nexus land for this beauty and this is a must have for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty