Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,971 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S3 to be unveiled on May 3rd.

Not to derail this thread, but let's either bring things back around to the E4GLTE, or head on over to our SGSIII forum.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by swazedahustla View Post
    Leader of cheap plasic builds
    Leader of bad radio signals
    Leader of crap GPS signals

Yea they are a leader alright.
    Their "cheap plastic build" is a lot more sturdy that HTC's cheap plastic build on the EVO. Sick of the plastic talk surrounding Samsung. Most manufacturers use plastic. I'm glad HTC is finally giving Sprint users a unibody. I've been waiting to see the fabled HTC build quality on Sprint, as we certainly haven't seen it yet.

Signal on my NS4G is better than it was on my EVO. Not significantly, but slightly, so I don't see the signa; issues a few have cried about.

Never had a GPS problem.

Now, if you want to bring up faults, at least be fair and bring up strengths. Samsung regularly puts out handsets with stronger internals. I don't see that changing. Oh, and they're the leader in sales...by a lot. I'll still wait to see what the GSIII has for us before I make my decision. If the GSIII has the advantage performance wise that the GSII had on the EVO3D, then my decision will be easy

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but let's either bring things back around to the E4GLTE, or head on over to our SGSIII forum.

Thanks!
    Sorry, didn't see this before I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfleet Captain View Post
    Dude, don't you see the cycle? HTC blows the competition away every June. Then Samsung one ups them in in the Fall, then the Nexus comes in the Winter and shows up the Galaxy S phones. Then we spend the next few months whining about when that update is coming so our pho es can be like the new Nexus. Then, repeat!
    Its all a big cycle. For me, Id rather have the best phone of the Summer.
    That is an awesome point you have made.. Man that definitely puts things in perspective!!

ROM
    Venom, Gummy

I think that Sammy is going to go hard when it comes to the SIII this year. HTC has an excellent device that you will be happy with but I highly doubt that they will be abe to compete with the SIII. The real battle here is Sammy vs Apple not Sammy vs HTC. Like another poster said Sammy makes their own chips, screens, etc. How could HTC really compete with them. Even if both companies put forward their best I would imagine Sammy would come out on top. Im still getting the Evo 4g LTE but Ill also get the GS3.

THIS is what i've been waiting for.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I hope this Samsung device will have a significantly better cellphone radio than every other one on Sprint so far.

Dropping calls should not be happening in 2012, especially if it is not a network problem.
    Last edited by dreamliner; 04-19-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I agree, loved the phone (the galaxy ll), hated the cellphone quality. But then again, how could that have been true love???

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

This year Samsung have learned a lot from Apple. Dedicated event to announce their flagship device, no leaks, no information no nothing. Just full web with rumors and all will turn out wrong.

But I very much look forward to grab one of these beasts
    Whether you think you can or cantyou are right.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ledlauzis View Post
    This year Samsung have learned a lot from Apple.
    Probably picked up the "hold different" trade secret as well.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by ledlauzis View Post
    This year Samsung have learned a lot from Apple. Dedicated event to announce their flagship device, no leaks, no information no nothing. Just full web with rumors and all will turn out wrong.

But I very much look forward to grab one of these beasts
    The only thing I wish they'd learn is simultaneous worldwide release, and force the anti-consumer US carriers to release the phone without crippling it or changing the name!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12