Galaxy S III to be unveiled on May 3rd.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly it was about 6 months after Samsung announced the GSII that it finally showed up in the United States. If that trend continues we wont see this thing until the 4th quarter.

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this is going to be like the last I phone launch? When the 4s was finally released,a lot of people were disappointed that it was more of a upgrade then something totally new. I've seen so many different set of spec's and what it will look like, I wonder what the reaction will be if its more a improvement over the Galaxy SII then the wonder phone everybody is expecting? This could be interesting.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm already sold on the Evo 4G LTE but am curious to see what Samsung is bringing to the table. I think with the specs of the Evo they are going tto have to come out with something very powerful.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm already sold on the Evo 4G LTE but am curious to see what Samsung is bringing to the table. I think with the specs of the Evo they are going tto have to come out with something very powerful.

I'm sure they will. There's a reason Samsung is the leader when of comes to Android phones.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Leader of cheap plasic builds
Leader of bad radio signals
Leader of crap GPS signals

Yea they are a leader alright.

Their "cheap plastic build" is a lot more sturdy that HTC's cheap plastic build on the EVO. Sick of the plastic talk surrounding Samsung. Most manufacturers use plastic. I'm glad HTC is finally giving Sprint users a unibody. I've been waiting to see the fabled HTC build quality on Sprint, as we certainly haven't seen it yet.

Signal on my NS4G is better than it was on my EVO. Not significantly, but slightly, so I don't see the signa; issues a few have cried about.

Never had a GPS problem.

Now, if you want to bring up faults, at least be fair and bring up strengths. Samsung regularly puts out handsets with stronger internals. I don't see that changing. Oh, and they're the leader in sales...by a lot. I'll still wait to see what the GSIII has for us before I make my decision. If the GSIII has the advantage performance wise that the GSII had on the EVO3D, then my decision will be easy

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Dude, don't you see the cycle? HTC blows the competition away every June. Then Samsung one ups them in in the Fall, then the Nexus comes in the Winter and shows up the Galaxy S phones. Then we spend the next few months whining about when that update is coming so our pho es can be like the new Nexus. Then, repeat!
Its all a big cycle. For me, Id rather have the best phone of the Summer.

That is an awesome point you have made.. Man that definitely puts things in perspective!! :)

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that Sammy is going to go hard when it comes to the SIII this year. HTC has an excellent device that you will be happy with but I highly doubt that they will be abe to compete with the SIII. The real battle here is Sammy vs Apple not Sammy vs HTC. Like another poster said Sammy makes their own chips, screens, etc. How could HTC really compete with them. Even if both companies put forward their best I would imagine Sammy would come out on top. Im still getting the Evo 4g LTE but Ill also get the GS3.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope this Samsung device will have a significantly better cellphone radio than every other one on Sprint so far.

Dropping calls should not be happening in 2012, especially if it is not a network problem.

Last edited:

ledlauzis

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This year Samsung have learned a lot from Apple. Dedicated event to announce their flagship device, no leaks, no information no nothing. Just full web with rumors and all will turn out wrong.

But I very much look forward to grab one of these beasts

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This year Samsung have learned a lot from Apple. Dedicated event to announce their flagship device, no leaks, no information no nothing. Just full web with rumors and all will turn out wrong.

But I very much look forward to grab one of these beasts

The only thing I wish they'd learn is simultaneous worldwide release, and force the anti-consumer US carriers to release the phone without crippling it or changing the name!