Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Default Re: I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

That is the one I was using.

hey man, so I have this Evo 4g lte with sprint, and this is the 4th week I've had it, and until today it was ok, today the stock text message app stopped working, is this a common issue with this Evo, this is my third, and so far I thought it was the best. I have done everything from forwarding texts, to downloading the "go" text ap and I even reset the damned phone.. Any Clue? thanks D

I have had Call Recorder by Clever Mobile installed on my rooted HTV Evo 4LTE for months. After I upgraded to Call Recorder Pro, yesterday, I discovered it was rarely recording both sides of the conversation. I tried Auto Call Recorder by Appstar Solutions and Call Recorder by skvalex. Same problem. Having a recording of only what I say isn't of much use. All Call Recorder by Android Labs said my phone does not support recording the other party, even though Call Recorder by Clever Mobile had recorded both sides. I also tried using the Voice Recorder. It paused as soon as the phone call began.

What's the deal?! How can I fix this? Remember, my HTC Evo 4g LTE IS rooted.

Hi there, I just found this site yesterday...seems like the ppl posting questions already know WAY more than I do about...pretty much everything.
    I just got the Evo 4g lte after having the regular evo 4g. So far everything was ok until I did a software update that was in my notification bar. That has messed a bunch of stuff up, but my camera seems to be the same after the update.
    My question is have you noticed any issues with the focusing? It seems like my camera is having a hard time staying focused ling enough for me to take a picture. I was able to take amazing pics with my other Evo. I used all the camera editing tools like the type of lighting, forcing the flash, just little stuff like that. I know it will take time to learn how to use all the camera tools on the 4g lte, but in the meantime I just want to be able to snap a random pic of a friend or dog and not have them blurry. And I'm not talking about the entire pic being blurry, mostly just the person/thing I'm trying to take the pic of.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilangel5405 View Post
    What is the best text app? My phone alerts me to text messages, but the messages do not always come through. I know messages are being sent because my contacts are calling asking why I am not responding to texts and the time they sent the message concedes with the time my phone alerted me.
    Try Chomp. I have no problems with it.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Delete...
    Last edited by rlbrooks; 03-31-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Delete...

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Stubbs View Post
    Hi there, I just found this site yesterday...seems like the ppl posting questions already know WAY more than I do about...pretty much everything.
    I just got the Evo 4g lte after having the regular evo 4g. So far everything was ok until I did a software update that was in my notification bar. That has messed a bunch of stuff up, but my camera seems to be the same after the update.
    My question is have you noticed any issues with the focusing? It seems like my camera is having a hard time staying focused ling enough for me to take a picture. I was able to take amazing pics with my other Evo. I used all the camera editing tools like the type of lighting, forcing the flash, just little stuff like that. I know it will take time to learn how to use all the camera tools on the 4g lte, but in the meantime I just want to be able to snap a random pic of a friend or dog and not have them blurry. And I'm not talking about the entire pic being blurry, mostly just the person/thing I'm trying to take the pic of.

Any advice?

Hi Emily, are you tapping the screen on the subject you want to focus on? Also, if you hold the shutter button down the camera will take many pictures with really little pause and once you release it will auto pick your best picture. I used it at a rodeo and got a great action picture coming out the gate.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driggs121 View Post
    hey man, so I have this Evo 4g lte with sprint, and this is the 4th week I've had it, and until today it was ok, today the stock text message app stopped working, is this a common issue with this Evo, this is my third, and so far I thought it was the best. I have done everything from forwarding texts, to downloading the "go" text ap and I even reset the damned phone.. Any Clue? thanks D
    This is a problem with the phone regardless of what sms app you use. I read somewhere that Facebook contact sync causes the hang up. If you clear facebook sync from your contact app, restart and enable it should fix the problem for awhile. I think the only way to get rid of it for good is to take advantage of sprints deal with Google voice of combine your sprint number with voice and then use Google text as your sms.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I had to reset my HTC Evo and lost all of the apps that I had. When I first got my phone, I was able to somehow use the apps from my iPad, but I can't remember how I did it. Any suggestions? Thank you, sju

Quote Originally Posted by sjutterback View Post
    I had to reset my HTC Evo and lost all of the apps that I had. When I first got my phone, I was able to somehow use the apps from my iPad, but I can't remember how I did it. Any suggestions? Thank you, sju
    Sign in to your Google account & they should download.

I am signed in to my google account, but they still are not there.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I am signed in to my google account, but they still are not there.
    Are you going to menu/my apps then swiping right to left to all apps ?

The apps are apple, not google. Is there a way to move the apps from an ipad to the evo?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

The apps are apple, not google. Is there a way to move the apps from an ipad to the evo?
    can you mount the sdcard on the tablet with a pc?

I bought a rooted Evo lte with cyanogen mod version 10-20121025-unofficial-jewel. When I plug the USB into the computer, it makes the sound and says "usb connected" but on the phone, doesn't ask me if the option to "charge only" so when I try to run the RUU, it's says it has a connection error and I've tried over and over. I need to unroot this so I can activate it. Please help. Thank you!

just got sprint cdma htc evo 4g lte a month ago unlockd rooted with twrp recovery. ( s-on ) but it was running an ics 4.1 android o.s and i just had an evo 3d running 4.2.2 with ease and i couldnt get cm 10 or 10.1 4.2.2 to run on my new 4g lte finally i got it by using flash image gui apk.so now i had android 4.2.2 running uxylon cm10.1 hybrid awesome rom. but then things went bad i flashed sharkieromwhich is an ics and now everyrom i flash it makes it to the bootanimation nd gets stuck even my nandroids get stuck at the bootanimation please help i always depended on nandroid back ups i have twrp and fastboot access still

Why is my HTC EVO 4g LTE not compatible with madden13 or nba2k13 on playstore?
    My old phone played madden and the HTC EVO has twice the specs. Flabbergasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Henderson1 View Post
    Why is my HTC EVO 4g LTE not compatible with madden13 or nba2k13 on playstore?
    My old phone played madden and the HTC EVO has twice the specs. Flabbergasted!
    You'd have to ask EA Sports (or whoever it is that makes it). They are the ones who decide what devices to allow it to be installed on.

Quick i need help i can not open my htc evo when receivng or making a call my screen is froze on the last call when i restart the phone it does the same thing what can i do

EVO is a replacement from Sprint. The phone is slow. Is there an app to clean it up and make it work efficiently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Flores1 View Post
    EVO is a replacement from Sprint. The phone is slow. Is there an app to clean it up and make it work efficiently?
    Update via the ruu to 4.3

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I just switch from this phone to an htc one but I was wondering does anyone have the ringtone notification call "content" I used that as my text message notification but I can't seem to find it on this phone.

My mic stopped working during standard calls the speakerphone works fine, but no calls, also the google voice search, or speak to text, nothing works except, Bluetooth device or direct headphone with mic. So this tells me, the mic works, something is preventing it fro standard mic use. Any solutions?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

NEED HELP! PHONE IS SOOOO BRICKED. My phone is rooted, i tried to flash CM via CWM but now i am in bootloop. I have wiped the Dalvik/Cashe, wipe data/ factory reset AND tried to flash RUU but all fails. First time in a bootloop so i'm lost. Not sure what info would be helpful so i will give some random data.

HBOOT 2.09.0000

S-ON

Software version 3.15.xxxx
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast