I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I can think of plenty of circumstances. Taking a call while navigation is running; looking up movie times while making plans with someone on the phone; sending someone a file or pictures while describing the adventures you're having on a trip; etc.

How about talking to someone who sends you an email to review? Pretty basic workday stuff that I do all the time over WiFi. This would allow it over cdma as well, which would be even more important to have during work travel. Not too hard to see how that would be a good thing. LTE will chew battery I'm sure, so more valuable over cdma at this point.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How about talking to someone who sends you an email to review? Pretty basic workday stuff that I do all the time over WiFi. This would allow it over cdma as well, which would be even more important to have during work travel. Not too hard to see how that would be a good thing. LTE will chew battery I'm sure, so more valuable over cdma at this point.

Exactly. Better to have the capability than to not have it.

Reactions: dtreo

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Some benefits of having data during a call are navigation, tethering to other devices, making a plan with someone and checking movie times, or just looking something up as you talk to someone. I think there are a lot of benefits that you just don't realize until you start having that ability. I, for one, am really looking forward to this feature once I can get my phone!

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When will Sprint Stores have their shipments? It appears those that preordered are the only people getting their phones now. No instore stock, right?

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.

If its covered by TEP its covered by TEP.. I have never had that kind of issue

AJGaz

May 26, 2012
Visit site
So far all seem very good, but I seem to have a charging issue. When I charge it up, it goes to 99% but never gets to 100% even though I leave it in the charge mode or a long time. The indicator stays RED. I think it should go to green when at 100% like my old EVO 4G.

anon780899

May 7, 2012
Visit site
So, if it indeed supports OTG, then is there any way to charge the phone while using it as a USB host at the same time?

Reason I ask is I want to see if I can connect my XBOX 360 controller to it, play games, and charge the phone at the same time.

Thanks!

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So, if it indeed supports OTG, then is there any way to charge the phone while using it as a USB host at the same time?

Reason I ask is I want to see if I can connect my XBOX 360 controller to it, play games, and charge the phone at the same time.

Thanks!

Where'd you read that it does? I've seen several people state the opposite on XDA.