Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Loving the battery life.
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Battery Life

My typical day pertaining to battery...

Leave for work at 5am taking my phone off the charger. I'm currently doing some work in a hospital where i am roaming almost the whole day. (working in the basement)

Arrive home from work at 4pm (11hrs later) So Og evo vs Evolte

Og evo would only make the day if i turned off 3g other wise dead by lunch (12pm)
    Evolte i left on 3g on in the same area's just to test performance and arrived home with 74% battery remaining.

Now sure i didnt have much use during these hours but phone vs phone in the exact same environment

So for me its been a wonderful battery upgrade...phone's not to bad either lol

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338010113394.jpg

25 hours on battery so far and still at 68%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-26-07-01-55.jpg  

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by creightoncarr View Post
    25 hours on battery so far and still at 68%.
    Um, did you do anything with your phone over those 25 hours?

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!
    Thanked by:

No, was I supposed to

Seriously though, during that period of time I've used the phone about the same as I would with any phone. Exchange activesync syncing calendar, contacts, tasks and mail with mail set to push, a seperate e-mail account set to check for mail every 15 minutes, used the web browser off and on (probably a total of 20 minutes or so), used Tapatalk to browse and post to forums (probably another 20 minutes or so), received and sent probably 30-40 text messages, composed and sent about a dozen e-mails (read and/or deleted the others that came in), and used the phone for several calls that totaled probably 30-40 minutes. I also did have bluetooth turned on for several hours during the day when the phone was in my car to test how well it paired.

This is pretty typical usage for me. Certainly it may not be typical of others' usage. For me though, knowing that I can make it through 2 days on battery should the need arise is comforting.
    Last edited by creightoncarr; 05-26-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    bigrey81 likes this.

ROM
    CM7

Thanks for the info. I'm glad it is working so well! :-)

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts

Everyone should also keep in mind that brand new Li-Ion batteries actually get better after a few/several use/charge cycles. This phone is so new, some of the early reports might even be understating how good the battery life really is.

On the flip side, after the phone has been in service several months, the battery will slowly start to fade. After a year of heavy use or two years of light use, this fading will be very noticeable. Unfortunately, we can't change out the battery when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Everyone should also keep in mind that brand new Li-Ion batteries actually get better after a few/several use/charge cycles. This phone is so new, some of the early reports might even be understating how good the battery life really is.

On the flip side, after the phone has been in service several months, the battery will slowly start to fade. After a year of heavy use or two years of light use, this fading will be very noticeable. Unfortunately, we can't change out the battery when that happens
    We can't but I was under the understanding that it can be taken to a repair center to be done.

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

W/ overnight airplane mode, which is normal for me

Sent from my EVO4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338047799312.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    [battery replacement]We can't but I was under the understanding that it can be taken to a repair center to be done.
    That is a good question that nobody seems to be able to answer yet. The phone is so tightly sealed, I bet it will be a very elaborate and expensive procedure.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'm pretty satisfied so far...Just got the low battery warning as I'm typing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338087557226.jpg  

21hrs 45mins and still have 38% left. Very satisfied.

Ian B

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS, CM9, iOS

2d 4h 46m 14s on battery with no charging after the initial charge on thursday after activating it. Just hit 15%. Getting roughly the same life as I did with my OG EVO with the 3500 mAh battery.
    Old flip phones - HTC Apache - HTC Mogul - Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC EVO 4G - iPhone 4S (current) -Motorola Xoom (current) - HTC EVO 4G LTE (current)

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

So I used my phone all day today without charging it once. I used GPS Navigation, Maps, Internet, made multiple phone calls, posted to AC multiple times, uploaded pics, took over 100 pics at a birthday party and multiple 2-3 minute video clips, and used wifi, bluetooth and 3G. I am now at 5% after 13hrs 37mins after what I call a day of heavy usage! If I would have used my EVO 3D like this it would have been dead after 6-8 hrs, max!

-Stay thirsty my friends.
    IxAnonymous likes this.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338126532994.jpg  

ROM
    stock

From what a Sprint customer told me on the phone earlier this month (this was unofficial); if you have the Total Equipment Protection plan you would be able to either take it to a repair center or you would be given a replacement phone (both as free options).

I'm guessing that without the Sprint TEP, within 1 year after purchase it would be covered by manufacturer's warranty.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

awake up at 4am take off charger
    back on charge when I go to bed at 930pm with 30% battery left

great battery life

ROM
    warm2.2 rls4 stock htc#17

Here's mine, fully charged to damn near empty. No airplane mode and heavy use

day 2

Sent from my evolte that was smuggled through customs in a monkeys back fat.
    Via tt2
    Last edited by criffaaa1; 05-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

26 hours on the first charge!! Second charge.. not so much. 3rd charge 51% with 2 Hours 54 minutes. Hmmmm?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-2012-05-26_11-49-45.jpg   Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-27-12-04-15.jpg  

here my some what heavy use I think

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338177900786.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338177917900.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338177931099.jpg  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Loving the battery life!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-2012-05-27-23.05.20.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

I used the snot out of my phone yesterday and got great battery life compared to every other phone I've used. I used GPS, navigation, bluetooth, phone, video chat, camera (100+ pics), video recording, and Internet, extensively throughout the day. 40% was on wifi and I got 14hrs from the battery. This was way more use than a typical day for me and far better battery life then I would have gotten from my previous EVO 3D on a light use day.

In case you need a pic for proof here you go...

Today was much more of a typical usage day for me and here is where I'm at now...

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!
    Last edited by Paul627g; 05-28-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Typical day for me today. On WiFi most of the day.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338192265653.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338192282240.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts

If there is one thing for sure- it appears from everyone's data that the screen really sucks power! I am assuming it is the backlight. Almost every report has it over 60%- that is a LOT of energy!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast